Missing purchased app after factory reset

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Verizon had me do a factory reset today.

I've purchased Handcent SMS in the past, but it didn't show up on my phone or in "my apps" in market after the reset, so I've downloaded the free version again. What do I do now to get my paid version back?

TIA :)

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If you paid for handcent services, first of all, you shouldn't have.secondly you can just log back into your account. Its not a separate app.

Cyber Warrior

Robots Will Kill
Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
That happens to me every now and then.... usually searching the market will bring up the app as purchased and then I can just download it again. Search the market for the paid version... if its not listed as "purchased" contact the dev.

Edit: wait a second... Handcent is a free app. What exactly did you pay for?

spartanguy81

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
If you paid for handcent services, first of all, you shouldn't have.secondly you can just log back into your account. Its not a separate app.

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
he probably "donated" 5 bucks or so in the services tab. And yeah Handcent is totally free, and like the others have said, just go into the settings-Handcent Services and relog in with your information. Personally I donated the 5.00 because since my first adventure into Android land, I have been using it, and I like supporting devs whos apps I use

gnGracie

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I did make a donation, that's why I was thinking it was a paid version. I don't remember if I ever signed up for the online account, but I'm trying to figure that out now. I'm hoping to retrieve my old texts.

anon(94115)

Banned
Nov 29, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the replies. I did make a donation, that's why I was thinking it was a paid version. I don't remember if I ever signed up for the online account, but I'm trying to figure that out now. I'm hoping to retrieve my old texts.

I dont think you will be able to unless you backed them up locally. I doubt that Handcent has an online backup service for your messages.

Then next investment should be mybackup pro or Titanium backup to back up all your data, provided you are rooted.

defcon999

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site

It is DONATEWARE so to speak. The version I use (FREE) is the same as yours, only thing is, I am cheap....that and I am a single father raising 3 kids so my money is tight!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WyattEarp