MIUI Camera! Think you have it better? Post!

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I love MIUI camera on the MIUI4DX ROM. It is fast, I mean loads in an instant making photos on the go fab! Look at these on auto on a cloudy day, great huh? If your phone is running a custom package and you are getting better pics, then post, until then MIUI CAM is the undisputed champ;)
IMG_20110727_153344.jpg

IMG_20110727_155130.jpg

IMG_20110727_165536.jpg

IMG_20110727_184305.jpg

IMG_20110727_191113.jpg

IMG_20110727_191106.jpg

:p

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Nice pics! And I agree, the MIUI camera is pretty awesome!

BUT, I'm back on Apex (some apps weren't working right for me on MIUI) and was wondering if it would work on this ROM....?

I already have the .zip on my SD card. Anybody know if it would work on Apex (or any other ROM)?

Reactions: Johnly

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Nice pics! And I agree, the MIUI camera is pretty awesome!

BUT, I'm back on Apex (some apps weren't working right for me on MIUI) and was wondering if it would work on this ROM....?

I already have the .zip on my SD card. Anybody know if it would work on Apex (or any other ROM)?

Not sure, I think I read on rootz that it works with CM7, but I am not sure...

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
ok, i'm just gonna go make a backup and try to flash it and see what happens...i'll report back :cool:

cool :) Don't forget to go to settings and check the next choice as wide screen isn't supported YET and will show a black screen;)

Last edited:

droidxixis

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
it works!! I forgot about changing from widescreen at first, but it works! widescreen wasn't black though. it just didn't focus right. It even took the picture. It was just fuzzy.

Oh and when exiting the camera (on Apex, at least), hit the home button, not the back button. The screen kinda freezes when you hit back. You can still hit home at that point and it closes, it's just easier to hit home.

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
it works!! I forgot about changing from widescreen at first, but it works! widescreen wasn't black though. it just didn't focus right. It even took the picture. It was just fuzzy.

Oh and when exiting the camera (on Apex, at least), hit the home button, not the back button. The screen kinda freezes when you hit back. You can still hit home at that point and it closes, it's just easier to hit home.

I thought it would! Nice! That was one thing about CM7 that bummed me out, the camera sucked. I am really surprised it is playing with APEX (love that ROM)

bigsmoove

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
tried it...just sat there with a black screen and the little focus box in the middle... installed the apk directly, not via a boot

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
If the screen is black, just adjust the settings. Wide screen isn't supported and shows black. Reading the interwebs, it is interesting that miui camera gets this much love but nothing else loads as fast on the X. And the pics are real good. I am used to the X loading in 321... Oapy, there it is finally! Yes, many great things about this ROM, and the browser is killer. I have been reading the miui camera is so well respected that if you search, you can find a miui port for a ton of roms in. Zip formats.

RemmyZero

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
i successfully installed the camera app yesterday. i dropped the apk in the app folder and rebooted and it worked. i tried sideloading it through a zip using recovery mode but that didn't work too well. the pictures are on par with the dx camera and i do believe the miui app loads faster but i can't prove it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky