Mobile data not working

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi, I'm on Giffgaff with a Samsung Galaxy S5 mini. About 18 months ago the mobile data suddenly went from being fine on 4G to cutting off when 4G or even 3G was turned on, meaning the whole network also stopped working (ie texts). After a while it was decided that Giffgaff wasn't the problem (as I tried my SIM in another phone and it worked fine), and I reset the phone but it also didn't stop the problem. I have since got used to relying on 2G mobile data, and use Wifi when I can.
Yesterday my 2G was working absolutely fine, albeit slowly as usual. However this morning the mobile data has suddenly stopped completely. I am also having some problems sending text messages, although I have received a couple. I have restarted my phone but that doesn't seem to have worked.
Has anyone got any suggestions as to what I can do, short of resetting the phone again?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Bring it to a repair shop (back everything up first) and see if it pays to fix it. Swappa lists them for under $100, an it's probably going to cost more than that to fix, so it probably doesn't pay - just replace it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lowercase777