Mobile Defense

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
I know there's a topic about this in the Hero forum but I thought I'd get one started over here to let everyone in on the talk. Has anyone tried it out yet? I previously used WaveSecure and thought it was great. Now I've tried out MobileDefense and release how much better it is. The map feature is great, it triangulates your phone fantastically. I was downstairs in the basement of my house and it gave me the exact address and listed its accuracy within 10ft. You can also send alerts and make the phone beep if you believe someone has stolen it or it's lost. Has anyone else tried out this app?

nonie3234

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
I'm so glad you asked this question! I am looking forward to hearing what others think of this, also. One thing about it turned me off, and I wonder if I'm not just being weird:

"Due to security changes implemented in Android 1.5 (aka Cupcake), you must set an unlock pattern then use the website to disable and enable the lock."

So I went to the website and asked: "Wait - just so I understand - I HAVE TO set an unlock pattern? Have to? Not voluntary?"

And the reply was: "Yes, you must set it beforehand; otherwise, it will accept any pattern. Note, this doesn't mean the pattern lock is always active. In other words, you're just setting the pattern then disabling it via the website. Feel free to play with the lock feature and let us know if you have any questions."

I still don't understand, and I am reluctant to set a lock pattern. Isn't that just an inconvenience when I want to use the phone? To have to unlock it every time?

Genetic_Bloom

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
You don't have to leave it on, you just have to set it once and then you can turn it off on the phone and it will still work when you lock it with Mobile Defense. I set the pattern on my phone, locked it, went to the mobile defense website and connected to my phone and unlocked it from the site, and then went back into my phone settings and disabled it so I don't have to swipe it to unlock every time I use my phone. This made it so it still locks when I issue the command from the mobile defense site but doesn't make it so I have to swipe to unlock every time I turn on my phone.

I'm using a Droid, I don't know what you have but I assume it will work the same way.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
reroseroy