Mobile hotspot login failed

mikeact

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
On holiday with an unexpected problem.
I cannot connect my laptop to my HTCM9 hotspot.It keeps saying login details are incorrect, but after 3/4 attempts I know it is correct.
The login name is however,strange as it used to be HTC Hotspot, now I get the following:

Portable hotspot g(%HTCPortableHotspot120519) active

I'm at a loss as to what has happened and would appreciate your assistance,

Thanks,

2ISAB

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
On holiday with an unexpected problem.
I cannot connect my laptop to my HTCM9 hotspot.It keeps saying login details are incorrect, but after 3/4 attempts I know it is correct.
The login name is however,strange as it used to be HTC Hotspot, now I get the following:

Portable hotspot g(%HTCPortableHotspot120519) active

I'm at a loss as to what has happened and would appreciate your assistance,

Thanks,
I just
Turn on data
Turn on hot-spot
Touch the word "hot spot"
Then follow through

Make sure Wi-Fi is off when you start.

Or
https://youtu.be/Bxxddm5w6Ps

2ISAB

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
Thanks, but that's all fine ,and understood, but it won't recognize the password which is the problem I have.
Have you tried to remove the password, then add a phone password to lock the phone and Restart.

I had the same problem a while back.

mikeact

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried to remove the password, then add a phone password to lock the phone and Restart.

I had the same problem a while back.

THANKS. I had no idea you could delete the password and setup your own. I assumed that the password was generated by the phone automatically and that was it. Again, I really appreciate your advice....now back to our holiday !

mikeact

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, but another question. My laptop connects quite happily now to my lap top, but when I try my wife's iPhone or iPad with my new password, both her devices say...incorrect password ! Do I have to do something with her devices .?

2ISAB

Jan 30, 2018
Visit site
I'm not sure about iOS. I didn't think you can.

Try asking the apple forums.

Last edited: