Mobile payment not working.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone been able to make Samsung pay or google wallet work? I have reset my phone. Ran the test on my phone and nfc working but I can’t get either to work. This is actually a feature I use all the time when I’m on my iPhone. Looking at app reviews it seems others have this issue. I’m just wondering if anyone had issues and got it resolved.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you give a few more details about how it's not working? Does it just not register on any NFC payment machine? Are you certain the phone is unlocked when you tap to pay?

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had any issues at all. Make sure the one you use (Samsung or Google) is set as the Default payment, and then for Samsung, you swipe up and unlock and tap to pay. I don't use Google for tap to pay, but I believe it similar where you bring up Google Wallet and then tap to pay.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
I haven't had any issues at all. Make sure the one you use (Samsung or Google) is set as the Default payment, and then for Samsung, you swipe up and unlock and tap to pay. I don't use Google for tap to pay, but I believe it similar where you bring up Google Wallet and then tap to pay.
Do you have to lay your phone a certain way? Like back against the reader of what not? Mine keeps giving me errors if and when it reads it.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Has anyone been able to make Samsung pay or google wallet work? I have reset my phone. Ran the test on my phone and nfc working but I can’t get either to work. This is actually a feature I use all the time when I’m on my iPhone. Looking at app reviews it seems others have this issue. I’m just wondering if anyone had issues and got it resolved.

at what point is it not working, at the point of sale or when you are trying to add cards? Is the phone used? If used, has it been rooted? If so, could have tripped knox. Do you have a password on the phone? If not, then you need one.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
at what point is it not working, at the point of sale or when you are trying to add cards? Is the phone used? If used, has it been rooted? If so, could have tripped knox. Do you have a password on the phone? If not, then you need one.
It's not working at the point of sale. Phone is new direct from Samsung. I've only had it a few days. I have password on the phone. Just wondering if I need to place the back directly on the reader? Haven't tried that yet. I was using it the same way my s22 worked.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have to lay your phone a certain way? Like back against the reader of what not? Mine keeps giving me errors if and when it reads it.

You don't have to literally tap your phone and make contact. Just hold it about an inch above the area you are supposed to 'tap' and then hold the phone there until you see a check-mark pop up for Samsung Pay. (Don't know what indication it is for Google Pay) If you remove it too quickly, you'll likely get an error on the point of sale machine. It should be exactly the same as your S22.

Do you have a case that may be interfering with it? For me, I find it best to have the upper half of the phone over the area to tap.

TMavC5

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Using Samsung Pay works great and on Watch 5 Pro.

Jamie Wooten

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks everyone. I guess I wasn't holding it close enough to the reader. Tried it again today with my watch and phone and both successful.