Mobile Security Reset Popup?

sbtpdx

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
I'm suddenly getting a persistent popup message that says I need to click the link to reset the AT&T Mobile Security Lookout app, then log in with my password. Anyone know whether this is legitimate vs a phishing attempt? Thanks!

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
nothing to worry about. I used lookout a few years ago before the google store and other places had their own automatic checks. lookout became unnecessary.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I recall Lookout had a nice feature where if someone was unsuccessful in unlocking the phone screen, it would take a picture with the front-facing camera and email it to you so you can see who was trying to do it. I wish more phones would have that as a native feature.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I recall Lookout had a nice feature where if someone was unsuccessful in unlocking the phone screen, it would take a picture with the front-facing camera and email it to you so you can see who was trying to do it. I wish more phones would have that as a native feature.
Is it still in lookout? Haven't used in years .

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site

that is a good feature to have :) might have to consider them again.

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site

Learned this decades ago.
You need to treat a smartphone like you do an expensive 10 speed racer; never leave it out of your sight for a second.
Fortunately you can put the former in pocket rather than walk it.
Maintaining physical possession is worth more than the best security...
I don't like any apps that can lock me out of my own device.
They are a menace with administrative authority.
Act responsibly rather than relying on a big sister to maybe bail you out. Own it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sirius_A