MoKo case is excellent

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I bought this one from Amazon:
MoKo Google New Nexus 7 FHD 2nd Gen Case - Slim-Fit Multi-angle Stand Cover Case for Google Nexus 2 7.0 Inch 2013 Generation Android 4.3 Tablet, BLACK
I just unwrapped it and have it on my N7. If you're looking for an endorsement of this case, it's really nice folks. It's nicer than even some $40 cases I've bought in the past. The smart cover works great, the materials are very nice quality and the stand angles are excellent. It also has very minimal covering of the front face so you have maximum front surface exposure and the ports, buttons and speakers are all very accessible. I also love the multi-angle stand style much more than those styles that just fold up at the rear. This is getting a 5/5 from me

Note: this is not to be confused with the MoKo Ultra Slim which is a more basic model

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have both the MoKo and Blurex versions of the claw case.

MoKo build quality feels slightly better but I like that the Blurex is thinner and lighter.

Also the Blurex first tilt angle stop allows the screen to be placed at a more vertical (perpendicular to the table) angle since the groove starts right after the handle ends rather than 3/4" after like on the MoKo. The more vertical position makes it easier to see in certain positions like a nightstand.

If I saw them side-by-side I would choose MoKo, but after a few days of usage on each I would choose Blurex.

The material is also different. MoKo uses a soft-touch material and Blurex uses the more traditional grained material.

Both are excellent cases though, that is just my opinion based on my priorities.

MoKo Slim-Fit

Blurex Ultra-Slim

FluxMool

Aug 22, 2013
Visit site
Received the MoKo case today. Good price. Looks like someone at the factory tried touching up my case with black paint on one of the corners of it tho....Oh well.

It's really weird. That would usually bother me, but my nexus 7also has one stuck pixel and one almost stuck.... and doesnt bother me too. I must be getting old.

jerrykur

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I am glad to hear that people like the case. Mine has shipped and should be here tomorrow. For $3.99 I figured it was worth the risk.

flugelboy

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I just got mine a few days ago. It's a great case. A little tighter than I expected which makes it hard to open sometimes. I'd rather have it too tight than too loose though. Overall, I'm very happy with it.

Five40

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
My OG Nexus 7 fell and suffered a fatal screen crack while in a Blurex case like that so I'm very warey of those types of cases.
My 3 year old son had it in his hands while running towards me so it fell from a distance of about 3 feet max onto my hardwwod floor.
Not really crazy about the Poetic or Moko ulta slim fit cases either had one on my Nexus 10 and replaced it with a case made by Snugg.
I'm waiting for something like a Snugg case I have on my Nexus 10.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
If you're giving small children access to your tablet then yes, you should be looking for something more appropriate for that kind of use

Five40

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
If you're giving small children access to your tablet then yes, you should be looking for something more appropriate for that kind of use

I do not allow small children to use my tablet. My son has his own Kindle Fire with an appropriate case that gives adequate protection for childs use.
He picked it up from my nightstand and was bringing it to me.
It fell only 3ft or so, if it fell from me it would have fell from a greater distance. More like 5ft to 6ft
Just wanted to share my experience, didn't come looking for a fight

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I do not allow small children to use my tablet. My son has his own Kindle Fire with an appropriate case that gives adequate protection for childs use.
He picked it up from my nightstand and was bringing it to me.
It fell only 3ft or so, if it fell from me it would have fell from a greater distance. More like 5ft to 6ft
Just wanted to share my experience, didn't come looking for a fight

you read to much into things. Some others on this forum have mentioned that they let their kids play games on their tablet, so I was offering appropriate advice for a case for you if you were one of them. There was absolutely zero confrontation in that reply until you made it so.

Perhaps you should try relaxing. Especially in light of the fact that you're the one who went off on a tangent about how you dislike these kinds of cases and offered your experience of why you dislike these cases when the OP really had nothing to do with what kind of case you dislike...

Five40

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
you read to much into things. Some others on this forum have mentioned that they let their kids play games on their tablet, so I was offering appropriate advice for a case for you if you were one of them. There was absolutely zero confrontation in that reply until you made it so.

Perhaps you should try relaxing. Especially in light of the fact that you're the one who went off on a tangent about how you dislike these kinds of cases and offered your experience of why you dislike these cases when the OP really had nothing to do with what kind of case you dislike...

I never said I disliked the case.
I said i had little faith in them. I actually like them better than I like most other cases.
They are very slim and I like that, but they do not offer much protection.

Either way no confrontation intended.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
I never said I disliked the case.
I said i had little faith in them. I actually like them better than I like most other cases.
They are very slim and I like that, but they do not offer much protection.

Either way no confrontation intended.

Ditto on the last part

titaniumSS

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
Good to hear that you like it! I ordered that exact one but in the carbon fiber blue. Just got notice that it shipped out today and delivery is slated on the 27th. The last day it was estimated to be here...damn. lol

DrWu

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This i the case I got as well and I'm not at all pleased with it. It seems...unfinished or incomplete. I had a Poetic ultra slim on my OG Nexus 7 and while it wasn't made very well (the covering was starting to peel off within a year) It had magnets across the length of the tablet to keep it closed making the cover very secure. this Moko only employes 2 magnets and one of them isn't very strong at all, as a result, it takes far too little effort at all to open the case. I will probably get a poetic to replace this Moko.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Poetic are OK but you see how the poetic stands by making a little fold-up triangle at the rear? I hate that style. The Moko model I got is the one that folds out in front of the tablet with 3 multi angle slots for the bottom to sit in.

This is the poetic slimline:

51iTmotQr2L._AA200_.jpg

This is how the Moko stand works:

51HtFPAC-RL._AA200_.jpg

Poetic does make a case called the StrapBack pretty much identical to Moko's in the style that I wanted but the reviews were full of problems. But this model also not going to have the front magnetic closing that you like, it's the same thing as the MoKo you already have. There's not really any difference between them, they're both just made in China $10 cases lol. But for $10 they're pretty great. This one is actually better than the official case I got no my last tablet for $40. What a ripoff $40 for a case is.

Last edited:

SuperXstyle

May 23, 2013
Visit site
What do you make of the "most helpful critical review" on Amazon?
Amazon.com: W. Brown "Warren"'s review of MoKo Slim-fit Case for Google Nexus 7 Andr...

I've damaged 2 screen protectors with this case now. It imprints the stitching from the inner "flap" that you use to hold the case. Basically, it leaves dents in the protectors for every stitch in the thick overlay. I've seen a review elsewhere on here saying his actual screen has similar damage to it, so I'm lucky that I had a protector on it from day #1 I guess. I like the concept, and if they would change the materials slightly in this area, it would be a really nice case. As it is, I'm now buying a replacement case, one with no fancy stitching to mar the viewing surface.

sfhub

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I am not sure about his screen protector, but I doubt nylon/polyester thread is going to scratch gorilla glass. Now something as simple as sand on the beach could scratch it, but the material has to be "harder" on the Mohs scale to scratch the gorilla glass which is probably around 5-6 on the hardness scale.

The screen protector, who knows, I scratch those things with my fingernails, but they are designed to be sacrificial. They give themselves up to protect your screen and if they get too damaged you replace them. Usually the package comes with 2 or 3.

Having said that, I guess the stitching might leave scuff marks on the screen protector, but probably only if you left the device scrunched between some heavy objects that kept pushing the front cover onto the screen, like between 2 heavy books in a back pack walking some distance every day.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts