More on scrolling (jittery) issues

ali060

Oct 7, 2023
Visit site
I had the P7P and now the P8P and this phone is solid no hiccups anywhere including scrolling...this might be the best Google phone released though it's too early to say till we run it though the paces ...I don't play games on any phones so I can't comment on that part..
The P8P is a solid phone with no issues, possibly the best Google phone, but it's too early to make a final judgment. Not suitable for gaming.

ali060

Oct 7, 2023
Visit site
This issue with adding "Coming Soon" release dates to Apple Calendar from IMDb may be due to a bug or compatibility problem between the two apps. Try these steps to resolve it:

1. Ensure you have the latest version of both the IMDb and Apple Calendar apps.
  2. Check your device's settings to grant IMDb access to your calendar.
  3. If the issue persists, contact IMDb or Apple support for further assistance.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
I've decided to keep the phone. Many apps like Tapatalk are buttery smooth. Others are janky, especially Prime Video app. I suppose I can live with the stuttering. The only point I meant to make was that you should expect a flagship phone to be pretty polished at launch, but then again, this is Google, not Samsung or Apple. I've had Pixels since the 3 so I certainly like them. We'll just have to see what can be fixed with software updates and I'm very glad some are reporting no issues at all.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I've decided to keep the phone. Many apps like Tapatalk are buttery smooth. Others are janky, especially Prime Video app. I suppose I can live with the stuttering. The only point I meant to make was that you should expect a flagship phone to be pretty polished at launch, but then again, this is Google, not Samsung or Apple. I've had Pixels since the 3 so I certainly like them. We'll just have to see what can be fixed with software updates and I'm very glad some are reporting no issues at all.
I still dont understand why so many people are willing to give Google a pass... We should be holding this trillion dollar megacorp to the exact same standard as Apple and Samsung.

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I still dont understand why so many people are willing to give Google a pass... We should be holding this trillion dollar megacorp to the exact same standard as Apple and Samsung.
Well if they're starting to charge like Samsung and Apple, then yes, they should be held to the same standard.

I think this microstutter issue might be fixed in an update or two, but it is strange to see it.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Well if they're starting to charge like Samsung and Apple, then yes, they should be held to the same standard.

I think this microstutter issue might be fixed in an update or two, but it is strange to see it.
If it was a desktop I'd say it was probably a graphics driver issue lol. So hopefully that's what it is.

htcrazy

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
What is this jitter thing? Am I just stupid? I don't see it, have never seen it on the 7 either.
Best way to explain it is when you are scrolling vertically through various apps, it should be very smooth. In some apps, the experience may result in stuttering or jerkiness. Trust me, if your device is affected, you will know.

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's there on every device lol, it's just that some people are more bothered and observe things like this than others. It definitely does not affect my overall phone experience but may bother others.

If I keep my S23 Ultra and Pixel 8 Pro next to each other and scroll thru the play store, prime video, then you can make out S23 Ultra scrolls smoother. But honestly it's not like it's horrible on my Pixel 8 pro that it's unusable.

We all know Snapdragon is overall much smoother than Google tensor. So I'm not sure why this is even a surprise. Will it get better eventually? May be after a few generations who knows. But I still say the overall experience of Pixel 8 Pro is great and can easily recommended to anyone.

Actually, I'm glad Google is just not going with snapdragon and trying their own custom SOCs. Might be a win in the long run for them and differentiate that million different identical Android phones running the same Sanpdragon SOC. I'm not giving Google a pass or anything, if the overall experience of the phone was bad then I will speak with my wallet and return the phone. But it happens that I love the experience of the phone and have no intentions of returning it.

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't understand. The usual whiners around here are whining about it, on cue. I don't see it. This phone scrolls like my 7pro, my coworkers iPhones, my friends Samsuck, my BFF's Moto Flip.

What are people talking about? ICanBeYourHero is talking like his phone is moving in slide show mode, I am sitting here after Google found my phone looking at this bright screen, quick response, and colors wondering what the internet is in a tiff about again.

I swear, Google stole ya'lls prom dates, reformatted your computers and hacked your Google Home to turn your heat up too early.

Reactions: Davidoo and rvbfan

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
OMG people. I heard this about the 7 Pro and now the 8. I've never experienced "jittery" scrolling. Maybe my eyes aren't as sharp as they used to be. If you go on any forum about a new device you will see the same complaints.... Bad battery, phone gets warm, isn't buttery smooth. I've had 5 pixels and never had a problem.

Reactions: slave

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand. The usual whiners around here are whining about it, on cue. I don't see it. This phone scrolls like my 7pro, my coworkers iPhones, my friends Samsuck, my BFF's Moto Flip.

What are people talking about? ICanBeYourHero is talking like his phone is moving in slide show mode, I am sitting here after Google found my phone looking at this bright screen, quick response, and colors wondering what the internet is in a tiff about again.

I swear, Google stole ya'lls prom dates, reformatted your computers and hacked your Google Home to turn your heat up too early.
Whining about whiners whining is whining.

Reactions: firebirder

slave

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Whining about whiners whining is whining.
I am not whining about whiners, Edgelord. I legit do not see what they are talking about. Between the toxic soup of the Android Subreddit and the usual suspects here, I keep hearing about this jittery ugly scrolling, this burning hot phone and a fingerprint scanner that blinds people while never opening up a phone.

Once again, my phone is good, my wife's phone is good. My friend's phones are good. This goes back to the 6Pro as well.

Can someone show me a video showing this "jitter?" Maybe I have it but don't know what it is!

Reactions: Davidoo

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
If your talking about the google feed. I've experienced some jitteriness on Samsung s21 fe and s23 plus as well. So its not the device fault. It's the software.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I am not whining about whiners, Edgelord. I legit do not see what they are talking about. Between the toxic soup of the Android Subreddit and the usual suspects here, I keep hearing about this jittery ugly scrolling, this burning hot phone and a fingerprint scanner that blinds people while never opening up a phone.

Once again, my phone is good, my wife's phone is good. My friend's phones are good. This goes back to the 6Pro as well.

Can someone show me a video showing this "jitter?" Maybe I have it but don't know what it is!
How do you know my League of Legends username?

I can't believe I'm the one saying this, but if you are genuinely curious about the issue, you might try being a little nicer. People aren't really going to engage with you for a thorough and informative discussion about an issue they have when you start by attacking them

I member you having an issue where your 6 installed the wrong update, wouldn't have felt very nice if everyone just said "well MINE is fine, so obviously there is no issue!", now would it? .

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
If I keep my S23 Ultra and Pixel 8 Pro next to each other and scroll thru the play store, prime video, then you can make out S23 Ultra scrolls smoother. But honestly it's not like it's horrible on my Pixel 8 pro that it's unusable.
That's what I'm talking about, but I don't need my S23U next to the Pixel 8 Pro to see it - I just see it. Maybe I'm too used to the speed/fluidity of the S23U, so when I see something that's jittery, it sticks out.

It's just strange because I don't think I recall the Play Store and certain settings having scrolling like that on the Pixel 6 Pro - the last Pixel phone I owned. Maybe I've just forgotten about it, or it's something that's popped up with the Pixel 8 Pro.

Either way, I think it might just be an optimisation issue and will be fixed in a future patch.

ICanBeYourHero is talking like his phone is moving in slide show mode
Where did I say that?

bkeaver

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
The only app that I can even remotely see any type of stutter is the Amazon prime and my Samsung and Motorola phones has that. That is the app not the phone.

Reactions: notforhire

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
I'm sorry I don't see any jittery or stuttering on my end.. I've had the s23u I've used the flip 5 I currently have the Pixel fold.. only once that I see some hesitation on the ESPN app and it could have been because the feed was reloading