most hackable phone?

nickel3956

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
my friend is about to switch to android and he is interested in tinkering with his phone. he wanted to know what the most hackable phone is (on Verizon, btw).

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
According to verizon's devices, I would say the Dinc2 and the thunderbolt.

Usually HTC products are root friendly, provided they are not the ones with physical keyboards (desire z).

The above 2 devices can be rooted a couple different ways. Should also be custom Roms available.

Remember, the newer the model, the fewer custom roms.

Reactions: basketthis

nickel3956

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site
According to verizon's devices, I would say the Dinc2 and the thunderbolt.

Usually HTC products are root friendly, provided they are not the ones with physical keyboards (desire z).

The above 2 devices can be rooted a couple different ways. Should also be custom Roms available.

Remember, the newer the model, the fewer custom roms.

awesome, thanks!

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!!

Usually, if it can be rooted, it can be rommed! Personally, any root is best using a 1 click app. Unless your friend is a technical person, I would avoid devices that you have to use the software dev kit to get root. Requires you to type in commands, which of course increases the risk of fubarring your device.

As always, read the instructions several times, until you fully understand them. Prep your system before starting. Make your backups BEFORE doing anything. And, it's extremely wise to know your device, and have a recovery method in place before you start. Know how to boot to the recovery menu!!

And as always, if you have an issue, look us up!! :D

Rhaen

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Usually, if it can be rooted, it can be rommed! Personally, any root is best using a 1 click app. Unless your friend is a technical person, I would avoid devices that you have to use the software dev kit to get root. Requires you to type in commands, which of course increases the risk of fubarring your device.

This is not actually the case, so be weary. "Rooting" just means forcing the phone to grant you access to its root directory. This is definitely not the same as running custom ROMs because bootloader access must be attained to load the custom ROMs. Yes it is required that your phone be rooted to load custom ROMs but these two do not go hand-in-hand.

An example would be the newly released Bionic. It now has root access via AnyRoot, but the bootloader is still locked down. This means that you could run Apps that require root access such as a WiFi Tether App or Root Explorer, but you couldn't load up a brand new, let's say Stock GB, ROM onto the Bionic.

With that said, the phones that were suggested can have their bootloaders unlocked and can load custom ROMs to have a very malleable phone experience. I would also look into getting an OG Droid (maybe on the side as a second device) since they are VERY easy to root and unlock the bootloader and there are TONS of custom ROMs available for it. Might be a good start if this is the route you want to go and you could probably get one at a garage sale for like $20 or something nowadays lol.

-Rhaen-

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
The "bionic, is a new device, and as previously stated, things will eventually catch up to new devices. Including Root and Rom's and procedures required.

The OP (original poster) wished to know devices "tinker" friendly, I don't think the Bionic was mentioned as it's a totally new device to the states.

bigclassesglobal

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
i think these are the most hackable android phones

I am giving some of the Android information and phones which are hackable mostly

HTC Nexus One
HTC Incredible and HTC Evo 4G
Samsung Galaxy S
Motorola Droid
Samsung Nexus S
Sony Ericsson Xperia Phones

If any one want to learn the android online training,see the following link which had given by me
Android online training

Last edited:

Moscow Desire

Troubleshooter
Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
This is not actually the case, so be weary.

An example would be the newly released Bionic. It now has root access via AnyRoot, but the bootloader is still locked down. This means that you could run Apps that require root access such as a WiFi Tether App or Root Explorer, but you couldn't load up a brand new, let's say Stock GB, ROM onto the Bionic.

-Rhaen-

New developments for a new device.

Motorola Droid Bionic now has an unofficial CWM-Recovery available | Android Central

All things come in due time. So you Bionic users, your time is near :D:D:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly