Most Used Apps up Top

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
For years I hit the home button and up on the top of the home page a window shade came down showing recently used apps and most used apps.

Now it is gone!

I don't know what it was called so I don't know how to get it back.

I use Nova Launcher but it always worked before anyway.

Can someone help me out?

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
For years I hit the home button and up on the top of the home page a window shade came down showing recently used apps and most used apps.

Now it is gone!

I don't know what it was called so I don't know how to get it back.

I use Nova Launcher but it always worked before anyway.

Can someone help me out?
Nova Settings/ App Drawer/Frequently Used Apps Toggle On
7650655fd14410bf41a0db5634321f10.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Also, open Nova settings - Gestures & Inputs and select that option for 'Home button'.
What option for home button? If I choose recent apps it opens the same thing as the recent apps button on the bottom of the phone?

I'm pretty sure this is a Samsung feature I'm missing?

4a698fb6a17f3ebf17a79122891350eb.jpg
d48855d24f93f6efdb06cd6078ee8915.jpg
f050d2bd5293828a6b667dc8414b9e42.jpg

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Does this work for you? Further down the next page...
cb79e2cc5970a8f55ea56fdbbd2adf77.jpg
No what I'm describing does NOT open the app drawer at all. It is a box about 1 inch vertically and horizontally spreads across top of page. Most of my home page is still visible. I don't believe it is a Nova thing. It is a Samsung thing. If it is Nova it's not the app drawer.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Yes you were right it IS the Nova Search bar. Now I got it to open with two fingers pull down but how do I get the search to open from home button and only the search without the app draw? It should look like this. Note that is my home screen.

I got it. Home button to app search. I had it on home button to search. What messed it up was earlier choosing show icon to pull app drawer. I forgot that change.

Thanks for your patience! Funny I was so used to it I thought it was by Samsung. LOL

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes you were right it IS the Nova Search bar. Now I got it to open with two fingers pull down but how do I get the search to open from home button and only the search without the app draw? It should look like this. Note that is my home screen.

I got it. Home button to app search. I had it on home button to search. What messed it up was earlier choosing show icon to pull app drawer. I forgot that change.

Thanks for your patience! Funny I was so used to it I thought it was by Samsung. LOL
Cool. Glad you sorted it. I might try that configuration myself (search without the app drawer).

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Exactly, App search for Home button. Glad it worked.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Once addicted hard to do without. I almost never open the full app draw. Too many apps!
Yep. I'm a convert. So much faster to flick, type 2 letters of app and tap than it is to open drawer and scroll and find. Much prefer it. Top tip

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
You guys could try Sesame shortcuts. It's works great and the integration with Nova is perfect.
Yeah, I have it. Pretty cool. I like the long press actions so I have a few favourite websites set for long pressing chrome for instance. The 'omnibox' style search bar integration is pretty sweet, too. Totally love what you can do with Nova. I know Sense UI Home is catching up but I won't be switching from Nova for a long time yet. Especially as you can mix and match and have UI task changer, one hand operation etc AND still have Nova. Makes the N20U an absolute powerhouse.

sonnnet

Apr 19, 2015
Visit site
Now if I could only figure out all the features of Good Lock from Samsung! LOL
Lol. Goodlock rocks. Have you tried Keys Cafe in the family tab yet? Unbelievable keyboard customisation. Another thing just updated is Bixby Routines+. You can now remap all hardware keys (vol up, down and side keys) for double press or long press. So for driving I now have hardware keys for Spotify, Maps, Home, and TomTom overlay. So much safer and convenient than swiping while driving. Totally tactile and you don't have to take your eyes off the road. Another brilliant addition by Samsung for insane customisation possibilities

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I use notistar & lock screen customization. The only change I'd make to keyboard is to make long press characters bigger so I can tell : from ; etc