Moto 360 Buying a 3rd party metal band?

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
A proper band must be "curved" to fit into the 360 properly - I took mine to a local jeweler - looked thru catalogs and had it in 2 days for $25-well worth it

Posted via the Android Central App

Are you saying that any band with a curved end will fit the 360 with no modifications? If so, did you use a 20 or 22mm band?

drexappeal

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
No extra work - was in and out in 5 mins

Posted via Android Central App

Can you post a pic of the band that you used and/or a link to which one you purchased? Most of metal bands I've seen with curved end links are too "tall" to fit within the gap of the moto 360, so the connection points for the pin won't even reach. That's why I'm curious which band the jeweler ended up using for you. What I find odd is that, the jeweler mentioned to you that a "curved" end link has to be used, yet the stock end link isn't curved, so that answer doesn't quite add up to me, unless it has something to do with installation of a metal band vs. a leather band.

JimSmith94

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Can you post a pic of the band that you used and/or a link to which one you purchased? Most of metal bands I've seen with curved end links are too "tall" to fit within the gap of the moto 360, so the connection points for the pin won't even reach. That's why I'm curious which band the jeweler ended up using for you. What I find odd is that, the jeweler mentioned to you that a "curved" end link has to be used, yet the stock end link isn't curved, so that answer doesn't quite add up to me, unless it has something to do with installation of a metal band vs. a leather band.

I'd like to see pictures too. As for the curved end, I assume it serves the same purpose as the notch cut out of the stock band; to avoid the protruding nubs on the watch.

drexappeal

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
There seems to be a lot of over-examing here-go see a local jeweler - tons of choices - good luck

Posted via Android Central App

Not necessarily. I think that is the whole point of a discussion forum. Not everyone wants to go to a jeweler. There are many that prefer DIY. While I agree that saving time consulting a jeweler is a good approach, I know that many jewelers in L.A. can be quite overpriced with metal band offerings.

Sent from G-Note 3

Creg Hansen

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
For those worried about cracked backs, If you have narrow wrists I would be more worried. The narrower your wrist the more extreme the angle of the band is, thus the more pressure is put on the plastic back. Also bands that have links that bend inside the watch slot will put more pressure on the back.

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yep cracks happen with the pebble. I've got small wrists about 6". Defiantly puts pressure on the backing while I'm wearing.

Attachments

• 20141011_111958.jpg
    20141011_111958.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 72
May 17, 2010
Visit site
My cracked back is probably caused by carrying my kids. They sit on the watch band and put a lot of pressure on the band, which pushes on the rear cover.

magicman

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
At the strapcode site there are a large number of straps that look very similar with the chain mail look. Which exact model did you install, so that it fits the 360 so well?
TIA
Stefan

Duncan J

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I think it depends on your wrist size/ shape. I have seen the posts on this but I have a larger oval wrist, as such the band comes out of my watch relatively flat. where as a smaller or rounder wrist would have the band coming out on more of an angles and putting pressure on the plastic back. IMOA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MansiDaware