Moto G 2015 or LG G2

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I already have a AT&T LG G2 sitting in a draw. I've been with Verizon with my droid ultra. I'll be switching back to AT&T in the fall. Is the Moto G 2015 a better phone than my older G2? Or is the G2 still a better choice? Thanks

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Tough choice. The snapdragon 800 in the g2 is better than the snapdragon 410 in the g 2015. And has double to quadruple the internal memory. It has 2gb ram, so double the base g, or equal to the high end g.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Depends on what you value. I'd give the G2 hardware edge, but the Moto G is no slouch. It's my daily driver, and the software is almost stock. It will receive quick updates and the battery life is absolutely phenomenal. I'm getting 6-8 hours of screen on time. I've never used any android phone that gave me more than 4 hours SOT.

Megsh

Jan 29, 2015
Visit site
Depends on what you value. I'd give the G2 hardware edge, but the Moto G is no slouch. It's my daily driver, and the software is almost stock. It will receive quick updates and the battery life is absolutely phenomenal. I'm getting 6-8 hours of screen on time. I've never used any android phone that gave me more than 4 hours SOT.
Same here as well.... The Battery life of this phone is just phenomenal and I am too getting the same sort of SOT with gaming, net surfing, and other phoney features.... This is probably the best android phone that I've used when battery life is considered.....

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
If battery life and cost is the main concern, consider the Moto e. My Verizon moto e gets 8 hours SOT and is pretty often under $50 on sale. The Moto g is better, but the base moto g and moto e have the same processor, ram, and internal memory size. The g does have more customizations, a better camera, water resistance and what not.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 5

isdaako

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
When you switch back to ATT use your G2. See how it feels and then make the choice, by then there will be several new phones available. If you must choose before, I'd recommend the 2015 G.

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
I agree with Isdaako. Just one thing, if you finally decide to buy the Moto G consider paying a bit more and get the model with 2gb of RAM. Multitasking will be much better.

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the input. I guess my real question is whether or not its worth it to spent $240 after tax for the Moto G 2015 when I already have a LG G2 ???

Jul 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the input. I guess my real question is whether or not its worth it to spent $240 after tax for the Moto G 2015 when I already have a LG G2 ???
If I were you, I'd wait to see what the new Nexus line has to offer, then make a decision