Moto G Power (2020) Phone App/Calling Randomly Stops Working

Spec_tech

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
Hi everyone. I have a 2020 Moto G Power that uses the Verizon LTE network but is unlocked and on a Straight Talk plan. I bought it used and it has Android 11 on it. Build number is RPMS31.Q1-54-13-6 and is all stock, but it just had a security update overnight, so not the same that i've been having the issue on.

The problem I'm having with the phone is that I noticed that calling will randomly not work. I'll try to make a call, there will be no audible sounds on the handset like the normal ringing or anything, and the call will just hang up after a few seconds. I've been fixing it temporarily by rebooting the phone and it starts working after it comes up.

The issue appears to be either with the whole phone, or just the Phone app/calling in general. I only ever checked the calling function before trying to mitigate it with a reboot.

Has anybody heard of this kind of issue, know what might be causing it, or know any steps to troubleshoot it or permanently fix it?

Spec_tech

Feb 2, 2021
Visit site
Have you spoken to Straight Talk's tech support about this?

I have not. I have a feeling it's something going on with the phone, but the next time it happens I'll check with them.
It's only something that's been happening for the past couple weeks, and i've had the phone for about a year and a half now.
I believe I remember other functions on the phone acting wonky at the same time the calling issue was going on, but can't remember for certain or which functions

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie