Question Moto G Stylus 5G (2022) Question

clubbprez

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
My son really did a number on his phone. Not only that, he can't remember his email/password combination.

I would like to get the photos off at the very least. Unfortunately I can't choose any options because the digitizer is broke. The screen is completely destroyed.

Is there a program, or an app, that I can use to get my PC to actually see the phone so I can try to get some of that information off of it?

Thank you in advance!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm afraid there isn't. In order for a phone to be recognized by a computer via USB connection, you have to unlock the phone's screen (which is obviously very difficult if the screen is broken). There's this old method, but it may not work with more current phones: A quick guide to accessing a locked phone with a cracked screen - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

This is why it's important to keep important data or files backed up or synced somewhere on a regular basis, and why Google Photos auto-backup is such a great feature. Are you certain he wasn't backing up there? Have him log into his Google account on a computer and go to photos.google.com to check.

Reactions: hlwanwaiphyo

clubbprez

Mar 22, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm afraid there isn't. In order for a phone to be recognized by a computer via USB connection, you have to unlock the phone's screen (which is obviously very difficult if the screen is broken). There's this old method, but it may not work with more current phones: A quick guide to accessing a locked phone with a cracked screen - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

This is why it's important to keep important data or files backed up or synced somewhere on a regular basis, and why Google Photos auto-backup is such a great feature. Are you certain he wasn't backing up there? Have him log into his Google account on a computer and go to photos.google.com to check.
Thank you for the quick response. Like I said, he didn't remember his login information .. I've emphasized to him to keep that information somewhere in the past, and he definitely didn't.

I'll give the link a look and hope for the best.

Reactions: B. Diddy