Moto X 2014 I've returned it...

kayfaei

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Some pictures I've taken with my Moto X. I'm not getting what people expect from a camera phone. You're just splitting hairs over how less bad the images are. Unless you're shooting with an APS-C or 35mm sensor your images aren't going to be exceptional.

Posted via the Android Central App

What effects did you add to these pictures? I like them

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
What effects did you add to these pictures? I like them

Thanks! I just used the stock editor in the Moto Camera app ... I just warmed the White Balance and added a slight vignette, I also pushed the saturation of the reds and yellows to bring out the fall colors.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Actually I don't use it either, they're mainly filters.

I know of it , but don't use and probably never will. Are they supposed to look old or something?

I didn't use any Instagram filters. Just used the stock KitKat editor to bring out the "fall" in those pictures. I also added a subtle (I think) vignette.

It appears the android central app resizes the images when you attach them ... That's a shame. The detail can't be appreciated that way.

atakin77

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
In response to earlier posts about wifi, I'm using wifi matic to automatically turn it on and off. It's very easy to use and is helping a good bit on battery.

booboolala2000

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: I've returned it...

Firedogee,

I decided to keep it. It really is a fantastic device over all. I read last night that samsung still hasn't fixed the Wi-fi dropping issues with ALL samsung phones even years after having my first samsung. So, since Samsung can't fix its broken OS, my Only other choice was iPhone 6.
iOS is great, I use an iMac and the way iPhone and Macs talk to each other is great, but iOS just bores me to death with static icons that I can't even arrange how I want due to auto arrange....

So, I am keeping the Moto X. I am happy with it, even with the battery not being great. I have made it thru every day for 14 days and I don't even own a car charger.
As far as the camera goes, when I DO get that shot I want to keep, its fricken perfect. This camera CAN take some great shots.

I agree, this camera can take some great shots. And the battery life has been a non issue for me. Has never left me stranded. Have the power pak micro and haven't used it once.

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
So a few people here have said that they have received refunds from Moto without incident and fast. Just my luck, I dont fall into that category. I returned the phone on Tuesday. They received it on Wednesday. Just today Monday I get the email acknowledging the return. Now I am waiting for the email confirming the refund, which according to them can be anywhere from 7-10 days. FML lol, I knew this would be a painstaking process...

Firedogee

Banned
Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
If you are returning a Moto X purchased thru Moto with a 2 year contract on VZW... Be sure to call Verizon and have your contract reversed. I learned the hard way that Moto does NOT proactively do this upon processing your return.

This message was emitted from Uranus

alcantarvf

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
"If you are returning a Moto X purchased thru Moto with a 2 year contract on VZW... Be sure to call Verizon and have your contract reversed. I learned the hard way that Moto does NOT proactively do this upon processing your return.

This message was emitted from Uranus"

It was a pure edition model. Today and still no email. This is turning into a nightmare...

cbsevenfifty

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So a few people here have said that they have received refunds from Moto without incident and fast. Just my luck, I dont fall into that category. I returned the phone on Tuesday. They received it on Wednesday. Just today Monday I get the email acknowledging the return. Now I am waiting for the email confirming the refund, which according to them can be anywhere from 7-10 days. FML lol, I knew this would be a painstaking process...

I'm in the same boat.

I returned my phones on the 22nd. They received them on the 23rd. I received an email on the 25th saying they were starting the RMA process and still nothing to this date.

Getting kind of ridiculous.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm in the same boat.

I returned my phones on the 22nd. They received them on the 23rd. I received an email on the 25th saying they were starting the RMA process and still nothing to this date.

Getting kind of ridiculous.

Lol my advanced exchange is the same thing! I'm going an exchange due to the wood peeling. I have yet to see a shipping or tracking number. RMA started on the 27th. Oh well time will tell!

jeffrok

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site

Lol... I honestly take pictures of family which I then print or order to be printed out to hang on walls... So yes, I do need a good camera...

If you print photos and put them on the wall, your best bet is to get an actual camera, not a cell phone camera.

codeda

Jan 28, 2012
Visit site

If you print photos and put them on the wall, your best bet is to get an actual camera, not a cell phone camera.

That's not always the case. I've printed a few from my z2 that look great. I don't think there's a problem with going with what you want best in a phone. Some of us it's battery, some camera, some aesthetics or a giant screen. Too bad more of these phones don't tick all the boxes.

habu968

Nov 2, 2014
Visit site

Currently with a 1st gen Moto X but wanting to see if the battery really is an issue on this phone before moving to the new one. Good info on this thread.

cbsevenfifty

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Anyone receive their refund yet?

Last time I talked to Motorola they said I would have the money by Nov. 5. Well, that's today and there is no money in my account. Call them up. Sit on hold for 5 minutes only to be told that they are going to need 3 more business days and I wont get the money til Monday.

I'm so done with Motorola, at least done with directly ordering from them. Monday will be 17 days to refund a damn credit card charge. That is beyond ridiculous.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sgeneris