Moto X (2nd Gen) Pure Edition XT1095: 5.0 Lollipop Update (22.11.6)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
I used the stock camera app. I can download the google camera and try it. But with the stock camera I'm not seeing any change I'm still seeing the jittery shutter and you get about 1 out of 3 good shots.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bagums

May 1, 2010
Visit site
I think the two main things everyone is most curious about is how lollipop improves battery and camera performace. Any reports yet?

Forbattery life I've had mine going on lollipop from noon central time and have 48% left now with 9 hours 19 minutes cell standby time and 1 hour 40 minutes screen time, it estimates I have another 9 hours left so it seems on par with the battery life before for me. I am horrible with pictures so I won't even attempt to take any but I can screen shot any of the battery info if you want it.

chris20nyy

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I see some problem with attentive display.. It works only on attentive display demo.. On any other screen/app it just dims and locks off in the time set..

This is truly annoying as I use my phone a lot to read.. I hope they fix it soon!

Experiencing this as well. Works in the demo, but won't apply to any app. Screen shuts off at timed interval. I HSE this feature a lot as well

cshmech

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Experiencing this as well. Works in the demo, but won't apply to any app. Screen shuts off at timed interval. I HSE this feature a lot as well
Whew.. Thanks a lot, I was thinking it was only on my phone.. Apparently it's a Motorola issue as android L doesn't have attentive display. Hope they fix it soon..

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The camera is only going to get better when camera apps start taking advantage of the new API's. Google's own camera doesn't even do this yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Swavek

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
:( NW Indiana here (not too far from Chicago) and still no update. I hope the rest of us will have the update by the end of today.

GSOAT

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
No update in Atlanta...

This is my first Android phone ever, so I am mildly excited, and hoping that this update helps with my two biggest complaints about the Moto X (as with everyone else, those complaints are the battery and the camera). I'm getting so frustrated in particular with the battery that I have come very close to getting a Nexus 6, but I think I've staggered back from the edge.

GSOAT

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
By the way, do I keep checking settings/about phone/system updates to see if the update has been pushed to me, does it just pop up on my screen automatically, do I need to restart, or go to the Motorola web page? How do these things get pushed out?

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I've never been totally clear on it. You should get an update at some point, but I always check manually (quite often) and reboot a few times to try and get it to kick in. But apparently none of that is working today so I'll just try to be patient :)

Michfan4837

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I am checking manually as sometimes it comes quicker that way than Moto sending you a notification. But the notification will come. You should not have to restart your phone to get the notification or update going. But it appears we do have to wait a bit a longer. Odd that it is so slow a roll out, as I am guessing that not that many people have Pure Edition Xs, as most get their phones from carriers.

itic

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
After taking a bunch of pics for craigslist ads last weekend i wouldnt mind if 5.0 improved the low light-flash. Im excited to find out more about the 5.0 android auto USB enabling and wired connectivity with my cars head unit.

Citizen Coyote

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
By the way, do I keep checking settings/about phone/system updates to see if the update has been pushed to me, does it just pop up on my screen automatically, do I need to restart, or go to the Motorola web page? How do these things get pushed out?

Motorola may handle rollouts slightly different than Google does, but I suspect they're similar. Basically, your phone will check for updates every six hours or so automatically. However, the update notifications go out in batches every twelve hours. Constantly hitting "check for update" therefore won't do anything for you if your phone is not part of the current batch, but checking manually can save you several hours of waiting if it is.

So bottom line: feel free to check manually (settings -> about phone -> system updates), but doing so more than twice a day won't speed things up. Even if you don't check manually, the update will eventually come (it will appear as a notification).

One more thing: if you read something about "forcing the update" by clearing your Google cache or fiddling with Play Services, don't do it. While it won't permanently do any harm, it can screw up your Google account for anywhere from a few hours to a few days before Play Services sets things right again. Better to just sit tight and wait.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Moto X (2nd Gen) Pure Edition: 5.0 Lollipop Update (22.11.6)

No update here in the Los Angeles area. I won't be able to download till I get home on WiFi anyway, but it'd be nice to see an updating waiting for me.

Because location doesn't matter.

footysr

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
LOL... To late, I already tried it. :) Where were you an hour ago! ;)

One more thing: if you read something about "forcing the update" by clearing your Google cache or fiddling with Play Services, don't do it. While it won't permanently do any harm, it can screw up your Google account for anywhere from a few hours to a few days before Play Services sets things right again. Better to just sit tight and wait.

afrozeke

Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
No update in Atlanta...

This is my first Android phone ever, so I am mildly excited, and hoping that this update helps with my two biggest complaints about the Moto X (as with everyone else, those complaints are the battery and the camera). I'm getting so frustrated in particular with the battery that I have come very close to getting a Nexus 6, but I think I've staggered back from the edge.

The camera will not be improved very much by software. So if you are waiting on that to happen you will be disappointed. This is about as good as it will get.

I don't know your usage habits so I can't say anything about battery life.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nssimpson