Moto X (2nd Gen) Pure Edition XT1095: 5.0 Lollipop Update (22.11.6)

KennyJohnson

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Not getting it here in the Chicagoland area. I was hoping being close to homebase i'd get it earlier. I'm hoping to have it by the end of the weekend. Using my Nexus 9 it's hard to go backwards with my Moto X.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Not getting it here in the Chicagoland area. I was hoping being close to homebase i'd get it earlier. I'm hoping to have it by the end of the weekend. Using my Nexus 9 it's hard to go backwards with my Moto X.

But location doesn't matter.

Michfan4837

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The X 2014 has the exact same sensor as the LG G3 and the G3 takes some very nice pics. Part of that is the OIS it also has, part is the laser focus, but much of it has to do with the imaging software. So it is not inconceivable that a future update could significantly improve the X camera. I agree, I don't expect it either, but it is not impossible. The first X simply had an awful sensor, this one doesn't. Also, with raw editing capabilities coming in lollipop, perhaps a third party app can come down the pipeline to make things a little better, who knows. But if cell phone photography is your big thing, you don't buy a Moto phone anyway.

Petero1818

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Re: Moto X (2nd Gen) Pure Edition: 5.0 Lollipop Update (22.11.6)

I have a pure edition 2014 and I have not received it. I am using it in Canada but I don't think it matters. I bought it from Motomaker in the US and shipped to US address.

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site
The X 2014 has the exact same sensor as the LG G3 and the G3 takes some very nice pics. Part of that is the OIS it also has, part is the laser focus, but much of it has to do with the imaging software. So it is not inconceivable that a future update could significantly improve the X camera. I agree, I don't expect it either, but it is not impossible. The first X simply had an awful sensor, this one doesn't. Also, with raw editing capabilities coming in lollipop, perhaps a third party app can come down the pipeline to make things a little better, who knows. But if cell phone photography is your big thing, you don't buy a Moto phone anyway.
It may have the same sensor, but it is not the same exact hardware as the OIS indicates. Also, moto may not have paid for some of the proprietary software from the manufacturer to take full advantage of the sensor's capabilities like LG and others may have. Or maybe LG can just write better camera firmware. Idk. We will never know the full story. It could very easily get marginally better with an update, but I would not count on it.

Sent from my XT1096

Michfan4837

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Very true in regards to paying for optimized sensor licenses. I love Moto, but they do cheap out at times. Like the 360 chip and their customer support. But I have slight hope for one good software update for the camera at some point. They had a software update for the original Moto X that brought the camera up from broken to passable. This year's cam is already passable and maybe it can go to decent. Unlike last year, at least it is fast. So that makes me happy.

Posted via Android Central App

Michfan4837

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry. At this rate you will get your Moto X update right around the same time Galaxy S4 users get Lollipop on Verizon. I believe Moto's plan is to go person by person, one each day. I hear a guy in Jersey is expected to be the one today.

Adam Zeis

Adminstrator
Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
Don't worry. At this rate you will get your Moto X update right around the same time Galaxy S4 users get Lollipop on Verizon. I believe Moto's plan is to go person by person, one each day. I hear a guy in Jersey is expected to be the one today.

Sweet! I'm in Jersey!!

Maybe I'll get lucky today :p

Michfan4837

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. If it doesn't come by tonight, I am going to do that. I am seeing conflicting reports on whether or not I have to also flash the AT&T modem stuff back onto my pure edition if I put it on manually, but I can sift through that later. This rollout is basically just another soak test if it is going this slow.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Llop719