Moto X Case

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
The X is too good looking and feeling to put a case on it in my opinion. Though I paid for it because on Sunday I dropped it square on its face. Obliterated the display, so bad the phone was unusable. Perfect timing for the cyber Monday sale.

Posted via Android Central App

As nice as it feels, the soft touch is not as slip resistant as I had hoped. My HTC Rezound had the same soft touch but it had ridges in the middle that made it much more secure in hand (being thicker helped too.)

I may use a case a little more often than I thought, though it'll go to work every day without one.

Sent from my Moto X

denary

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Moto has announced that the wood back are going to be available soon. I know that I am going to want one, which then makes me not want to even have a case on the phone.

SiliconFiend

Dec 16, 2013
Visit site

I got one of those too (it's the only clear case I've seen with a kickstand) and used it with the holster from this combo: Amazon.com: Minisuit Clipster Case for Motorola Moto X: Cell Phones & Accessories. I wrote reviews for both cases. I bought them on Black Friday and got them for $9 total (shipped). It was a great deal, but I think they'd still be worth it at their current prices ($9 for holster + $7 for clear case, shipped).

slim706

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
Hi. Is the rubber on the case 2 different colors like in the pictures? Notice how the back rubber is darker than the front rubber. Is it the lighting thats making it lighter in the first pic or is it really like that? Just curious because I was interested in purchasing this color case.

slim706

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I just got the air jacket and love it. Feels great, not bulky at all.

Hi. Is the rubber on the case 2 different colors like in the pictures? Notice how the back rubber is darker than the front rubber. Is it the lighting thats making it lighter in the first pic or is it really like that? Just curious because I was interested in purchasing this color case.

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have a clear case for their wooden Moto X's yet? Just seeing how they would look, want to make sure the wooden back is visible. I just ordered an ebony Moto X yesterday and want some kind of protection when I take the phone out of the house.

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Anyone have a clear case for their wooden Moto X's yet? Just seeing how they would look, want to make sure the wooden back is visible. I just ordered an ebony Moto X yesterday and want some kind of protection when I take the phone out of the house.

My wife uses a Griffin Reveal case on hers. Clear Moto X Case | Reveal | Griffin Technology
The back is a clear plastic with different color trim around the sides. The power and volume buttons work great. She originally ordered a white case (she has a white front, white textured back Moto X) but it discolored rather quickly. Wrote Griffin customer service and they apologized, told me to keep the one I had and sent me two more for free (one white and one black). So they do have excellent customer service.

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site

I ordered the Diztronic TPU case from eBay, it's more than I'd like to pay for a you case after shipping, but it's the best looking one I found.

I also order xtremeguard wet applied screen protectors for front and back. Normally I would use screen protectors and bumper, but I haven't found nice looking ones like with the Google Nexus 4 bumper. The one I'm looking for have textured TPU side grip which is more comfortable and grippier to hold.

sent via tapatalk

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Same thing happened to mine. Any idea what causes that?

No, we couldn't figure it out. Wife is pretty careful with her phone and keeps it in a pouch in her purse when she's not using it and the pouch isn't made of anything that would cause the discoloration. Lenovo X huh, just doesn't sound right...

Jrust00

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
The problem with putting a case on a three moto x is that it interferes with the right sliding menus in apps. I do have the seidio case and I like it a lot but right now I am using the incipio feather.

ttfn92

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site

I have the clear rocketfish tpu case that is great. Fits well, gives good grip and has a little lip on the front which I like to protect the screen. It would show off the wood well.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I use a clear S-line TPU Case, though it's not all clear, part is frosted. You still see enough of the back to know what color it is. The S-line case has a nice diamond pattern on the sides which gives it a nice grippy texture. Mine is by Cimo for under $10 on Amazon.

Sent from my Moto X

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
And nothing cleans it off - I tried everything! It's like there was some chemical reaction that changed the color. I almost wonder if it were my hand lotion.

Perhaps. I tried several different types of cleaners and I couldn't get it off either. She's also tried the white Griffin Reveal case as I stated in an earlier post in this thread and that one discolored as well, but it just looked dirty, no pinkish tint to it and that wouldn't come off either. Griffin sent me 2 new cases, one white and one black. She just switched to the black case. I just started using the other white case on my Moto X to see if it discolors for me as well and so far it hasn't, but I've only been using it for about 3 days. When she used the white one, her's didn't start getting the dirty look until after about a week.

Fdmstng99

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
This morning I just ordered the clear/black Supcase for my ebony Moto X. Will see how that looks and feels, may try out a couple more as well.

jschu22

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
Same thing happened to mine. Any idea what causes that?

Even with what we think are clean hands this softer light colored material is going to eventually discolor. It just grabs everything, including some of the dye used to color fabrics as well as even the slightest bit of dirt. Let's also not forget about makeup. That stuff can get anywhere.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d