Moto X: Has anyone else had this happen with app updates?

manhattan123

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone had this happen with app updates? (And at first I thought I was just misremembering what I had done, but I made a point of paying attention now and I see it's happening quite a bit). I will get a notice that some apps on my X have updates available, most recently it happened with Twitter and the NY Times. I download the updates. I have Lookout installed and it does its thing and says the apps are safe, so I see they were actually downloaded. Then a day later, maybe two, I will get a prompt again that the same apps have an update available. When this first started happening, I thought maybe there was a tweak they needed to make, but the change log seems to be the same as the one from a few days earlier, and it's happening at least once or twice a week. Would there be that many tweaks? Is the phone somehow not installing the updates the first time, or is it something else?

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Has anyone else had this happen with app updates?

This does happen from time to time. I believe they are additional updates, but usually with just a couple of minor tweaks that they didn't bother listing in the What's New section.

AndroidBIO

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site

I have also noticed this. There been several times where I update an app and the next time I check the App Store [which is a couple of hours] I see an update for the same app. I just update it again.

JimBen73

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site

It's happened to me as well

Posted via my awesome, longer lasting phone than yours aka droid MAXX

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

I noticed it to but I think it is just addtional updates.I usually check out the version number/ and date of the newest update, or if it was a frequent update just remember. This happends with the TapaTalk app frequently,once it updated twice in the same day but it was actually 2 diffrent updates.Thoses Tapatalk people ha .

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site
I do get an occasional bug where a recently updated app is listed as having an update again, but when you select the app there's an open button instead of an update button.

Sent from my Moto X

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site

This does happen from time to time. I believe they are additional updates, but usually with just a couple of minor tweaks that they didn't bother listing in the What's New section.

+1 usually minor bug fixes

effreyj

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site

It's probably a case of a company rolls an update out and then needs to release a follow up update to fix bugs introduced by the first update.

portablealpha

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site

My NYTimes app updated twice in two days--first to add an Olympics section, then to fix minor bugs.