Moto X: Motorola Connect not working

tmann202

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Moto X, verizon, 4.4.2...

Seems like at least a couple times a day the chrome extension is unable to communicate w/the phone ... Moto Connect, great idea, very poor execution to this point...

Yup, glad it's not just me. Is it working for anyone right now? Yesterday and today it just keeps trying to "talk to my phone" without connecting. I wonder if this is a 4.4.3 issue.

jephanie

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
It's been off and on for me a lot lately. Oftentimes, it will lose connection when it's "popped out" but hold a connection when it is still embedded with the browser. Awesome concept but horrible reliability so far.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I use Moto connect more than I use my phone directly anymore but. I also have it drop connection 3-4 times a day. This between 2 different computers and nothing has been consistent about how or when it happens.

acruet

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
what else is new? I am tired of trying to figure out what sequence of steps I need to issue every week.
It is wonderful when it works, and frustrating when I stops.
I spend lots of time on my PC, and would rather type texts on my keyboard then to fat finger my phone's touch keyboard.
I have a Droid Maxx, and it loses its connection with the Google Extension about once a week.
Then I have to poke around trying to figure out how to restore the service.
I just updated to 4.4.4, and now I cannot sync up the phone with Google.
It could be related, but as I said, every week there is some reason I have to go through this frustration.

I don't see a way to reinstall it on my phone. I can easily delete the extension and reload it.
I have shut down and restarted the phone, and deleted and reinstalled the extension, but i have yet to stumble across a reliable series of steps to get it running once it goes down (weekly).

someone needs to post a sticky on how to restart it when it dies.
And someone needs to fix it so it hangs in there.

mogelijk

Trusted Member
Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I just got my Moto X today and am trying to get Connect set up but it is still trying to connect. I also would appreciate any tips or tricks anyone has.

I previously used MightyText to sync texts with my computer, unfortunately I don't believe it is an option on the Moto X (since Motorola Connect gets in the way).

radgatt

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
When was the last time the Motorola Connect extension has been updated? Could that also be the source of some of the issues with Motorola Connect?

twig6986

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I've tried disabling and enabling the extension in chrome and I've also tried deleting it from chrome and reinstalling it. Very once in a while it will say connected and I click "Let's Go" and I get to where it should show all the messages but its blank and says not connected, when I get to that point I've tried refreshing all content but still nothing.

efstuck

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site
I've had issues with this too. Sometimes it just won't connect for some reason but most of the time it works automatically. Hopefully they keep/improve this function come Moto X+1

happig

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
My Connect stopped working after rebooting from an Avast 2015 upgrade. I got it working immediately after disabling HTTPS Web Scanning in Avast options. It took me a day, but better Now! than later! Hope this helps someone.

Here's what I went through before the fix:
Connect phone app said "connecting" to my computer/device but never connected. Chrome extension wouldn't go past "Talking to your phone" window.
Un&re-installing the extension with and without rebooting, clearing cache, cookies, etc... changed nothing.
Deleting & reconnecting my device from the phone app got me further to "collecting message and call log" window, but eventually failed.
After noticing a sandboxed Chrome process I started to suspect Avast and found the problem. I still have a sandboxed process, but at least it pointed me in the right direction.
I added the Connect extension path in the Shield Exclusions list. Connect works fine with or without it.

weksa

Jul 9, 2012
Visit site
It used to work nicely for me until it updated. I've finally gotten it to work. These were my steps: (1) On your phone, go to Settings - Motorola Device ID - tap the 3 dots overflow button at the top right and Unlink Account. (2) On your computer, remove Moto Connect extension, and reinstall. (3) Now you can sign into your services again, first by linking your Motorola Device ID in your phone settings, and then logging into your Moto account in the Chrome extension.

darkwolffe

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I got it to work by adding the Chrome extension to the Web Shield's URL by going to Avast, clicking the following links

1. Avast Main Window
  2. Settings
  3. Active Protection
  4. Web Shield Customize
  5. Exclusions
  6. URLs to Exclude

In the input field, enter the following:

Code:
chrome-extension://kigmoblgooahdmdibodmcnffgnejlndh/*.*

This should allow it to work again.

Adam Morris4

Feb 24, 2015
Visit site
Good job at figuring that out. Works only for a minute at a time for me though. That's more than its work in quite some time. Still trying to troubleshoot fixes.

V10MPower

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Same here. Works for a few minutes. Only way I got to make it work permanently is:

1. Avast Main Window
2. Settings
3. Active Protection
4. Web Shield
5. Customize - Uncheck "Scan traffic from well-known browser processes only" and Uncheck "Enable HTTPS Scanning"

That works permanently

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52