Moto X: Valentine’s Day Sale starts 1/27 through 2/14

asdrew

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Moto X: Valentine?s Day Sale starts 2014-01-27

Dumb question: So you just go to the Motorola website between 3 and 4 PM EST and get a code? Can we then use that code whenever we want or will it expire?

No, good question. with only a 1 hour window, it's important to know how it works ahead of time.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

You should get more than $280 for your note 3. They are going for $400+ on eBay and craiglist. I know some people don't like to deal with the hassle that either one of those two can be, but that's a pretty big price discrepancy. I would at least think about it.

Your right I will think about that!

Posted via Android Central App

oldDummy

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site

For anyone that purchased a moto x within the last 14 days from January 27 I just got done speaking to a rep about it. He informed me that motorola should be announcing some sort of compensation on Monday for anyone that purchased but he was not able to tell me what this compensation would be, he told me my options would be to either request a rma and repurchase the phone on Monday or wait until Monday to see what the compensation is and then either take that or request a rma and repurchase it. He was also unable to let me know if the compensation would be disclosed before or after the 1 hour sale.
man...
I purchased on the 12th.
do the math.....
Wouldn't really matter I like my bamboo phone...
Don't you worry boo your my one and only....glances at Walnut forbidden fruit.
ehh...really boo got to go get a pint.....be right back.

DCSholtis

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

Question for everyone... Do you NEED use of a PC or tablet to make use of Moto Maker.. I ask as I've gotten away from using either since I use my phone for virtually every thing now

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

Will anyone buy the Moto X 2 in the first month or two it is released?

I love the sales (got my dev edition for $399) but I hope they don't try to launch another phone at $549+ again after this price free fall the last few months.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Will anyone buy the Moto X 2 in the first month or two it is released?
I think people who have upgrades available will. And if the Moto X2 has a 1080p screen, better camera and wireless charging, I will sell my Moto X and get a Moto X2 off contract as I suspect so will a lot of others.

but I hope they don't try to launch another phone at $549+ again after this price free fall the last few months.
I am guessing that they are willing to take a loss on these first generation Moto X phones as an investment in the brand. If the Moto X2 has a 1080p screen, better camera and wireless charging, they won't have to cut the price like this again.

While I don't think your average consumer cares about quad core vs. dual core as long as the phone is fast, they do care about cameras, full HD screens and wireless charging.

Mikhailov

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site

I signed up for an account so I can get notified of the promo. I even saved and made my Moto X design. Totally sold on this sale!

aj888

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site

I'm looking at the nexus 5 but now motorola has to go and put this in front of us and make it even harder. Anyone giving up nexus for moto x?

Cozume

Banned
Jan 25, 2014
Visit site

Anyone giving up nexus for moto x?
I am on Verizon so a Nexus 5 is not an option for me, and although I love my Moto X, I know I would have gotten a Nexus 5 over the Moto X if I had the choice. My first smartphone was a Nexus and if I could, every smartphone that I would own would be one.

Also, I like the bigger, 1080p full HD screen, the better camera and the wireless charging. And if you aren't on Verizon, the updates come directly from Google.

dmark44

Mar 2, 2012
Visit site

Maybe it's just me but I don't feel like I'm lacking with my 720p screen. 1080 might be useful for 5.2 inch screens and larger. Hopefully in the future Moto will offer a larger screen model and a model this size both with similar design and equal specs.

Sent from my Moto X