Moto Z Force DROID EDITION Specs

rushmore

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I like the effort, but smaller display (than MXPE), no front speakers (not common though anyway) and no 3.5mm shoots this down for me. Also seems due to the design, the device will run hot (hotter than even the MXPE). Especially the even thinner Moto Z.

Sadly due to the desire for THIN, seems front speakers and 3.5mm jacks will be offered less. That is unless pushpack impacts sales and forces 3.5mm jack to come back.

The modular add-ons seem cool- presuming the pricing is "reasonable".

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why they want to keep making phones so thin. Leave it alone and make it slightly we thicker, keep 3.5mm and put a bigger battery.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I don't know why they want to keep making phones so thin. Leave it alone and make it slightly we thicker, keep 3.5mm and put a bigger battery.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/showthread.php?t=701746

Specific to the Moto Z:

To carry all these snap-on tools, the Z had to be as thin and light as possible. Period. “If anyone even mentioned going over 3.99” millimeters, Fordham says, “they’re out of the room.” Motorola wanted to make a phone so thin and light that it felt normal-sized with a mod attached.

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
IMHO, according to the specs, there is not enough difference between the Moto Droid Z Force and the Moto Droid Turbo 2. I know, i know, if i bought the Z, i could tell everyone that the force is with me. Moto should start selling the Z, on Alderaan. LOL :p:p:p

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
IMHO, according to the specs, there is not enough difference between the Moto Droid Z Force and the Moto Droid Turbo 2. I know, i know, if i bought the Z, i could tell everyone that the force is with me. Moto should start selling the Z, on Alderaan. LOL :p:p:p

Whether the difference is "enough" is going to be up to each buyer, of course. I was impressed that the new Snapdragon 820 manages to do 25-50% better on benchmarks than the 810 in the Turbo2 and other top phones from last & early this year. (*edit* Qualcomm also claims a 30% increase in efficiency in the 820 vs 810 processor)

Snapdragon 820 vs 810 vs 808: 820 benchmarked and compared

Of course, for some the mods are worth something, and the camera sounds like it's very good too. The Turbo2 is still a very nice phone, but I could see where the Z may be "worth it" for some folks over the Turbo2, especially if they're upgrading from an older phone (like I may be) and they're comparing the two.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
is It true you can not run apps from the SD card on this phone?

Hate to reply to something posted so long ago, but since no one addressed it - yes, you can install apps to the SD card if you use the "adoptable storage" option when you set up the SD card. It will then treat the card as internal storage. SD cards are slower than internal memory, though, so those apps will run slower. If you buy a cheap SD card, they could be frustratingly slow. If you don't install a ton of apps, it may be better to just set up certain apps to store their files to the SD card, and keep the apps on internal storage. I have a 128gb card, and set up Play Music and Google Photos to store their music, picture, and video files on the card, and have had zero issues, and still have over 13gb internal and 76gb on the card to work with.

1dtbrown

Jul 18, 2013
Visit site
Hate to reply to something posted so long ago, but since no one addressed it - yes, you can install apps to the SD card if you use the "adoptable storage" option when you set up the SD card. It will then treat the card as internal storage. SD cards are slower than internal memory, though, so those apps will run slower. If you buy a cheap SD card, they could be frustratingly slow. If you don't install a ton of apps, it may be better to just set up certain apps to store their files to the SD card, and keep the apps on internal storage. I have a 128gb card, and set up Play Music and Google Photos to store their music, picture, and video files on the card, and have had zero issues, and still have over 13gb internal and 76gb on the card to work with.

Thanks!! for the reply FYI, GREAT to know that. After two Note 7's and a failed Pixel order I ended up with my first iPhone w/256GB so now I have all the space I need for now.