Motorola Assist - Driving

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I have my phone set up to read my text messages out loud when Motorola Assist detects that I'm driving. However, this feature doesn't seem to work. When an SMS comes in, the prompt will show up on my screen and my phone will alert me out loud who texted me but when I say "listen" like it tells me to, I get nothing but a couple seconds of silence and then the on-screen prompt goes away. It's also annoying that even though my phone is paired to my car via bluetooth, when my phone tells me that I got a text, it only comes through the speaker on my phone. Anyone else having these same issues?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Have you used Moto Assist while driving and not connected though bluetooth just to kinda test ? I havent used Moto Assist connected though bluetooth but have used it without connected though bluetooth.

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I still need to test it without bluetooth. It would be frustrating though if this feature doesn't work with bluetooth. Most new cars come with bluetooth equipped or at least an option for it. Doesn't make much sense that they wouldn't make sure this feature works.

H2o

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I've got the same problem. It's works perfectly when NOT connected through the bluetooth though. Hopefully that's a bug that will get fixed in a future update.

Posted via Android Central App

svenEDGE

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I've got the same problem. It's works perfectly when NOT connected through the bluetooth though. Hopefully that's a bug that will get fixed in a future update.

Posted via Android Central App
That would be great. Problem is knowing such an update is probably a ways a way being on Verizon.:'(

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Assist isn't working for me. I turned on all settings, then it said it will determine when I'm in a car with gps to determine my speed and start prompting me from there but have yet to see or hear anything. It's been 4 days, I was trying to see if it needed time to learn or what, but nothing. Am I missing something?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Assist isn't working for me. I turned on all settings, then it said it will determine when I'm in a car with gps to determine my speed and start prompting me from there but have yet to see or hear anything. It's been 4 days, I was trying to see if it needed time to learn or what, but nothing. Am I missing something?

Someone's got to text you first! :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Any text messges you want to get tho moto assist has to be someone stored in your contacts i think as well

sent from Moto X

imurrx

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I had another issue with Motorola Assist - Driving. I was using Scout navigation when I received a text. I ended up hearing both the navigation and the text at the same time, but it was almost alternating 1 or 2 words from each app instead of overlaying it. There should be some type of hierarchy that certain apps over rule or get delayed until a higher priority function is being excited. For example, it would make sense if the GPS was talking that the Assist would wait until GPS nav was done talking first.

shaytoon21

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
If you have the notification set to off then you wouldn't see it in the notification bar, even when it is working.

its been on the whole time. still wont show up when i drive. i receive calls and texts while i drive and wait for the phone to do something, but it doesnt.

Strawdawg

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
try turning Location Services in the Settings Off and then turn it back on...click to agree to the message that pops up and then take it for a drive. Check the bar for it to say
Driving which is then replaced with the symbol

Since the update mine has been erratic about engaging but it always does if I do the above

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey