Motorola Call/Speakerphone Quality (and other stuff)

anon(8312128)

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Motorola owners,

Just looking for some feedback on Moto devices in general as I'm considering one for my next phone. One reason being cost - after reading the AC article today about "how much would you pay for a smartphone", I'm inspired. The beautiful thing about Android, there's so many choices out there and you don't have to spend $1,000 for a device. You don't HAVE to buy a Note ... or a Pixel ... there ARE other options!

One thing I'm a stickler for, after 10 years of learning what I like and don't like, is call quality and a really clear sounding speakerphone function. It is a phone, after all, right? For the last several years call quality has been more of an afterthought - for me - in favor of flashy bells & whistles and gimmicky features. Honestly, while I'd still prefer a balance of call quality and features, I'd definitely put the priority on call quality.

What are your thoughts on Moto devices in general? Where do they really excel?

Thanks

blackberrysoup

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
It is true that call quality is taken for granted these days. While I am not a call quality connoisseur, I find Moto phones to have good and clear cellular call quality (I use Z2 Play).

What is also interesting, I find, is the Moto, at least my Z2 Play anyway, has a significantly better antenna quality compared to my "old" LG G6. There is a spot in my office building where it is difficult for most phones to get any signal reception, even wifi. My Z2 Play is probably one of the only 2 phones in the office (the other being the boss's S8+) to be able to receive any decent signal reception at all. This antenna quality may or may not have an impact on the cellular call quality you are looking for.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds