Motorola Targa/Bionic ? Targa Sufficiently Ladened With Advanced Technology

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I don't know BMX......he test handsets for VZW?

I've heard and read otherwise is the reason I'm asking. Not saying anybody is right or wrong. Only have conflicting info

Edit: info I have heard and read. Verizons handset will be called the Samsung Galaxy 2 4G LTE, model number SCH-i520. As you know SCH-i510 is the Charge.

Let me put it this way; he said that it would not happen. Point blank. No possibility of otherwise.

The info you posted, along with your pics, is incorrect. That is the Charge.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
There are reports of Bionic possibly getting a smaller 4g LTE anttena, so its very possible SII will as well.

Nope. Not happening. BMX has also said Verizon has not approved any revisions of the LTE radio technology that is smaller than the current gen. They're going through the process now, but it would not be available in time for any handsets we already know about.

rmreagle

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
The form factor at the top of that shot looks an awfully lot like the charge's but this pic seems to have an LED sensor at the top. But s2 is supposed to ship with gb is it not? This is rocking 2.2...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
The form factor at the top of that shot looks an awfully lot like the charge's but this pic seems to have an LED sensor at the top. But s2 is supposed to ship with gb is it not? This is rocking 2.2...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
That's the front facing camera.

This is the Charge. That article is from last December.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I have checked my facts. The link you posted was written in December. The phone pictured is the Charge, not a Galaxy S2. You are, once again, incorrect.

Are you serious? lol.

Are you not aware that the Charge is the SCH-i510 and there is another Samsung device with the model number SCH-i520

Unless the SCH-i520 is some other Samsung Device that will be released on Verizon I'm going to say it's Verizon's "Galaxy SII"

I don't make up these things lol study the pics. Model number reads SCH-i520 NOT SCH-i510

>>>>>>>>>>THESE ARE 2 DIFFERENT SAMSUNG HANDSETS<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Study this pic and read outloud the Model number

Samsung’s SCH-I520 Packs 4G and Front-Facing Camera, heading to Verizon | Android Community

Now go back and look at these screen caps of inventory. Tell me where you see the Charge listed as the SCH-i520

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/22/exclusive-samsung-sch-i510-lte-phone-to-be-named-droid-charge/

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading that, and the general concensus at the time was that it was simply a mistake. Its unlikely that an LTE GS2 would get approved at the same time as the Droid Charge, and be given such a similar model number. I would still say there's a chance, but it certainly isn't looking good. There has been NOTHING official, nor any leaks with believable info regarding an LTE version of the SGS2, just our wishful thinking.

As far as the new Bionic having OMAP4, that hasn't been released either. Myself and others see it as a logical choice, considering Tegra2 was mentioned to be causing some of the initial problems, and Moto has a history with TI. BMX mentioned that Moto was redesigning it to keep up with bleeding edge specifications, and I personally don't see how they could do that without an OMAP4, though to be honest their statement could easily be marketing BS. I think the OMAP4 rumors first started, however, because many people assumed the Targa had it, since it was supposed to be the next big thing, and the launch time seemed right. However, at this point, we don't even know that the redesigned Bionic is essentially the Targa or not.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
I remember reading that, and the general concensus at the time was that it was simply a mistake. Its unlikely that an LTE GS2 would get approved at the same time as the Droid Charge, and be given such a similar model number. I would still say there's a chance, but it certainly isn't looking good. There has been NOTHING official, nor any leaks with believable info regarding an LTE version of the SGS2, just our wishful thinking.

I vaguely remember that as well. In effect, the model number basically changed from the i520 to i510. There are articles on AC if someone wants to go searching. But, I agree with Droid800 on this. I think it's the Charge, not the GS2.

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I vaguely remember that as well. In effect, the model number basically changed from the i520 to i510. There are articles on AC if someone wants to go searching. But, I agree with Droid800 on this. I think it's the Charge, not the GS2.

Oh, that picture is DEFINITELY the Charge, and clearly not a GS2. So it doesn't prove anything other than that the Charge is LTE, which is obvious. And Samsung hadn't even released the specs on the GS2 last December, so there's no way that's what they were talking about. I'm not sure if the model number refers to something different, but again I do remember that the general thinking was it was either a mistake or just referring to some slight revision of the Charge, giving us the version we have now.

DolfanCole

Jul 27, 2010
Visit site
Oh, that picture is DEFINITELY the Charge, and clearly not a GS2. So it doesn't prove anything other than that the Charge is LTE, which is obvious. And Samsung hadn't even released the specs on the GS2 last December, so there's no way that's what they were talking about. I'm not sure if the model number refers to something different, but again I do remember that the general thinking was it was either a mistake or just referring to some slight revision of the Charge, giving us the version we have now.

I agree. It's definitely the Charge that is shown in the picture. But I think model number issue was all wrapped up in the name/no-name/name-change thing too (first no name, then maybe the Stealth, then the Charge). Purely guessing but I can imagine this scenario ... the I520 was the initial model number and what was put in the inventory systems, but when the name was officially set, the model number changed as well to the I510. But, the inventory system still had both records in it even though only one was correct -- basically the inventory system didn't get flushed out to have the correct (or changed) model number. Thus, the confusion. Again, just a guess.

Droid800

Banned
Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Are you serious? lol.

Are you not aware that the Charge is the SCH-i510 and there is another Samsung device with the model number SCH-i520

Unless the SCH-i520 is some other Samsung Device that will be released on Verizon I'm going to say it's Verizon's "Galaxy SII"

I don't make up these things lol study the pics. Model number reads SCH-i520 NOT SCH-i510

>>>>>>>>>>THESE ARE 2 DIFFERENT SAMSUNG HANDSETS<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Study this pic and read outloud the Model number

Samsung?s SCH-I520 Packs 4G and Front-Facing Camera, heading to Verizon | Android Community

Now go back and look at these screen caps of inventory. Tell me where you see the Charge listed as the SCH-i520

Confirmed: Samsung SCH-i510 LTE phone to be named Droid Charge -- Engadget

You do understand that carriers and manufacturers change the model names of phones all the time, don't you? The phone pictured is the Droid Charge. The link you posted is from December, before the 'Samsung LTE phone' was shown to the public at CES.

That is NOT the LTE version of the GS2. Such a phone does NOT exist yet. (and certainly wouldn't be to the stage that the pictured phone is at)

Use some critical thinking and reasoning skills, please, CK.

Oh, and btw. Here are a variety of links from JANUARY that peg the Charge as the i520. Obviously, the model number was changed for the final product:

Samsung i520 4G phone hands-on | Electronista
HTC Thunderbolt and Samsung i520 bring LTE gravitas to Verizon's stock-keeping systems -- Engadget
New Verizon Samsung (SCH-I520) 4G LTE Device Appears, Has Front Facing Camera - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
Samsung's LTE-Capable SCH-i520 for Verizon Leaked, Too

You are WRONG once again.

Oxn

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
man did CK get owned hard... about time someone ends his line of continous spouting off rumors as real info, or opinions as facts.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Although I wouldn't be surprised if they used the SCH-i520 model number for the Galaxy S2. That is of course if the GS2 is Samsung's next phone on Verizon and they follow the current model numbering scheme. Fascinate is i500, Charge is i510, etc.

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
man did CK get owned hard... about time someone ends his line of continous spouting off rumors as real info, or opinions as facts.

Ha that's ok. You shall see who was right and who was wrong soon enough. I choose not to argue over the internet sit back and relax for now :)

Sent from my Droid

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
You do understand that carriers and manufacturers change the model names of phones all the time, don't you? The phone pictured is the Droid Charge. The link you posted is from December, before the 'Samsung LTE phone' was shown to the public at CES.

That is NOT the LTE version of the GS2. Such a phone does NOT exist yet. (and certainly wouldn't be to the stage that the pictured phone is at)

Use some critical thinking and reasoning skills, please, CK.

Oh, and btw. Here are a variety of links from JANUARY that peg the Charge as the i520. Obviously, the model number was changed for the final product:

Samsung i520 4G phone hands-on | Electronista
HTC Thunderbolt and Samsung i520 bring LTE gravitas to Verizon's stock-keeping systems -- Engadget
New Verizon Samsung (SCH-I520) 4G LTE Device Appears, Has Front Facing Camera - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
Samsung's LTE-Capable SCH-i520 for Verizon Leaked, Too

You are WRONG once again.

Go look at the dlna cert for the Charge aka Stealth V back in November '10 and tell me what the model number is....

Sent from my Droid

Last edited:

Castor Troy

Banned
Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Although I wouldn't be surprised if they used the SCH-i520 model number for the Galaxy S2. That is of course if the GS2 is Samsung's next phone on Verizon and they follow the current model numbering scheme. Fascinate is i500, Charge is i510, etc.

Please don't bring logic into this conversation....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe