Move all authenticators to Windows PC?

rowan00

Jun 3, 2023
Visit site
Hey.

I got a lot of authenticators in my phone for bank, 2FA security, etc.I have the constant fear that if I am to lose my phone or break it in some way, I will lose a lot of important data and the authenticators.

While, sure, some of them might be recoverable if I get my phone number back into a different phone, but for some it might be a lot harder (I got like 6 different types of 2FA authenticators).

tl;dr: Is there a good way to emulate or use an app to make them portable in my window PC?

I'm doing a similar thing with Steam Authenticator for my other steam accounts, and it has been working wonderfully (-> WinAuth).

Thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! If you use Google Authenticator for a lot of your accounts, they just recently introduced a sync feature that will sync to your Google Account -- so if you were to lose the phone, you could log into Google Authenticator on a new phone and still have all of your authenticator accounts there: https://security.googleblog.com/2023/04/google-authenticator-now-supports.html

I know that doesn't help with other authenticators you might use, but it might be a reason to try to consolidate everything into Google Authenticator (if you can). Otherwise, it's probably dependent on each authenticator app you use -- i.e., what kind of sync options they have, and if they have some kind of Windows option.