Moving apps to Sd Card

Conor78

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi
Ive been trying to move apps across to the sd card. When I do this with one app when I go back into change others the option to chamge storage has gone. Also some of the apps i tried to change have an sd symbol on them and when I click on them it says that they are not installed???

Posted via the Android Central App

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I tried to do this with Facebook and the app kept acting all screwy. In my opinion, Samsung may as well have omitted the sd card slot on this phone, because they are problematic for so many. My first edge kept destroying pics and various files on the sd card. My replacement, so far, seems to be doing much better, but I'm still hesitant to believe it can be trusted.

Posted via the Android Central App

BruceFlea478

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
So far so good here. I've loaded all the apps with the option to the SD card as well as storage locations for Spotify etc. Seems to be working just fine (knock on wood). I did upgrade to a class 10 SD card to make sure the transfer speeds were adequate enough to not bog the phone down.

I hope you get whatever is going wonky on your phone figured out.

Posted via the Android Central

thecomicbookandme

Jun 11, 2014
Visit site
How are you guys moving apps to SD? Is it in the settings or are you using an app to do so?

Go to Application Manager in settings. Choose the app you want to move. Select storage. If the app can be moved to the SD card, there will be a box underneath the internal storage label that says "change". An indicator will come up giving you the option to move it to the SD card. Some apps cannot be moved, and won't give you the option. You can use Android Central as an example of one that can.
An easier way to do this is to download App Manager Pro 3. You can find it in the Playstore.

Yea! Heavy And A Bottle Of Bread

Last edited:

RocketFoot

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Ah ok...I was doing what you instructed but not seeing any apps capable of being moved. Ebay was the first one that I came to that can be moved! Thanks...

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Remember, not all Apps can be moved to your sd card. If an app is capable of running from your sd card you'll get the option to move. If not, you will not get the option. And remember, if you want a widget to run, you MUST keep it on your phone storage, not sd card.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bakky