Moving to Note2 from S3

mark1123

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm selling my S3 and will be buying a Note 2. I need to sell the S3 before I buy the Note from AT&T, so I won't be able to have them transfer everything for me. So, what do I need to do before I get rid of the S3 so that I can transfer everything to the Note?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

gomezl7

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
Just sync all your contacts on Google and transfer all your music and photos to your PC when you get your new phone put your music and photos back on your new phone from your PC

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

james27007

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The apps will not auto download, so my $0.02 to make the switch easier... (By the way if you want to spend some money, My Backup Pro is killer, but you must buy it to use it across 2 phones)

Start with making sure ALL of your contacts are synced to gmail (log into g-mail on your computer to verify). Also run a contact export (open contacts, press menu and go though the export options).

Make sure you download/copy all of your MMS pictures (text message pictures)

Download SMSBackup and use it to backup your text messages

Download ESFile Explorer open it, select "App Manager" at the top and backup all of your apps. This will put a copy of your apps (not their data) on your internal sdcard.

Download and install App List Backup, it creates a list of your apps for easy install from the google play store.

If you use a custom launcher, see if you can backup it's settings.

Now plug your phone into your computer
...Make 2 folders on your computer: internal sd and external sd
...Copy all phone files into the internal sd and the sdcard files into the external sd. Even though the external sd will be moved to the new phone, it is always a good idea to have a backup.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Once you have your Note, sign into gmail and any e-mail accounts you have. Then copy the files back over to the phone.

Reinstall the above apps, use ES File Explorer to navigate to your /sdcard0/backup/app folder to reinstall all your apps. If any are missed, you have your list from app list backup.

Run SMSBackup and restore your text messages

You will not be able to keep your saved games/positions (example, level 25 on Angry Birds) with rooting both phones. If you do root; use Titanium Backup

This is what I do when transferring phones.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly