Multitasking will be fixed.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I reported my multitasking issues to HTC and exchanged emails with Danielle. I have every reason to believe the problem will be fixed in an update. Here is her last response:

I appreciate you sending another email after walking through the recommendations from the previous reply. I realize that you want the multitasking to work a certain way on your Android device. I understand that we have this issue under analysis and continue to investigate the cause of this situation. Unfortunately, I do not have any information about an estimated time for an update at this time. I would suggest that you keep an eye on the HTC regional website at www.htc.com/US for any further developments. I thank you for your input concerning this issue.

Let me know if I have successfully answered your question, please click here to complete this.

To send a reply to this message, please click here.

Sincerely,

Danielle

HTC

ibleedbloo

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
I would bet anything that the developers around here fix out problems way before HTC gets around to it. I can't wait until CM9 is fully functional for us.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

a22matic

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I would bet anything that the developers around here fix out problems way before HTC gets around to it. I can't wait until CM9 is fully functional for us.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

It will definitely help the folks who are running stock...

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
It's fine that the phone isnt "exactly" how some (most) people want it, it's even fine if the phone comes programmed to work like that. What isnt fine is that there is no way to change it. They dont have to admit they are wrong, just add a setting to allow people to chang it (put it in developer options and add a disclaimer). Boom, problem solved.

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
It sounds to me like they haven't even admitted it's broken yet.

They haven't. His Email response was not much different than the one I got, nor the conversation on the phone with HTC. They know VERY WELL that developers and "enthusiasts" (as they call us in-the-know users) are very displeased. But that isn't necessarily going to be enough.

And this isn't a black-and-white issue. There are lots of variables and tradeoffs with memory management and multitasking. It isn't just "broken" or "fixed", just various degrees of difference. I do think they will address/improve the situation, but I also think it will not be what we might think of as a total "fix". Just pure speculation...

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
It's fine that the phone isnt "exactly" how some (most) people want it, it's even fine if the phone comes programmed to work like that. What isnt fine is that there is no way to change it. They dont have to admit they are wrong, just add a setting to allow people to change it (put it in developer options and add a disclaimer). Boom, problem solved.

I could not agree with you more. I have always been a champion of USER CONTROL. Don't dictate how my device is going to look, act, work. Give me choices so I can decide for myself how I want it to operate. If necessary, set the defaults however you (the company) want and even hide the options to change them. But it is always better to have options than none.

This goes way beyond just phones, of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RomeoCatcher