Music/Album art keeps disappearing...

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
Not sure if anyone is having this issue but on my S6 i upload a lot of my ripped CD's in MP3 format from my PC. Using Google Play on my Nexus 5, since the album art (even if you have the art in the same directory as music) doesnt show need to use an app, so i use Album Art Grabber from the GPS.

On my Nexus 5, the only time i'd need to re-run to grab the artwork is if I added new music...so i'd have to clear the Data from Google Play (Play Music), run Art Grabber and then run Google Play again. With the S6 however, im finding the artwork keeps disappearing every 24 hours or so. I keep having to re-run the Album Art grabber and cannot understand why. Never had this issue on my Nexus 5.

Have any ideas what is happening? it happens with both Google Play and Stock Music player app, some cache clearing is happening over some hours and i cant figure it out.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
No one else is having this issue? I tried another app and same thing happens...I am looking all over Internet and can't find answer or fix

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It might be the tags on the music itself. I had to assign new album art right to the files themselves that Poweramp couldn't read right.

From an AOSP M8

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
It might be the tags on the music itself. I had to assign new album art right to the files themselves that Poweramp couldn't read right.

From an AOSP M8

The thing is I use the album art grabber app to discover the missing artwork, it finds it fine but after 24 hours it magically blanks out, disappears and I ha e to rescan. Does anyone know an easy way to transfer music from iTunes? I currently just use copy/paste to folders but iTunes has all the album covers.

Saros

Apr 24, 2015
Visit site
The thing is I use the album art grabber app to discover the missing artwork, it finds it fine but after 24 hours it magically blanks out, disappears and I have to rescan.

I noticed this also using Album Art Grabber. The majority of my albums didn't encounter cover problems when I'd loaded them onto my S6 from PC, but a select few wouldn't properly retrieve and remain stored (and other retrievals were simply the wrong covers). To get around this, I downloaded those few cover images manually, and selected the "Choose image from SDCard" option in the AAG app (bypassing LastFM and MusicBrainz), which let me assign them from my gallery. They've been fine ever since.

The AAG app is fairly handy overall but just seems to get confused in some situations. (Primarily, failing to distinguish between sequential eponymous titles, e.g. Van Halen I vs. Van Halen II; Led Zeppelin I vs. Led Zeppelin II).

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
One other potential solution (which I realize might be too big a hassle) is to upload your entire iTunes library to your Google Music library. If I remember correctly, I think most albums uploaded with the correct album art. Then you could download music locally to your phone from the Play Music app (for offline use by that app only), or download from your Google Play Music library website on your computer to your hard drive, then copy them over to the phone's internal storage (if you want to use other music apps to play them).

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
One other potential solution (which I realize might be too big a hassle) is to upload your entire iTunes library to your Google Music library. If I remember correctly, I think most albums uploaded with the correct album art. Then you could download music locally to your phone from the Play Music app (for offline use by that app only), or download from your Google Play Music library website on your computer to your hard drive, then copy them over to the phone's internal storage (if you want to use other music apps to play them).

This is possible??? So I could upload my whole music library to Google Music and download it to my phone via Google play when I need it or stream it??

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yep! When I first started using Google Play Music, I installed the Google Music Manager to my computer, directed it to the main folder where all of my music is, and told it to upload. It took about 3 straight days of uploading to get my 6000ish songs into the cloud, but once they were up there, I could access them anywhere. See more info here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/1229970?hl=en

Bear in mind what I specifically said in my previous post--using the Google Play Music app, you can only download music to the phone for offline listening by the Play Music app. You can't download it and expect to use it with another 3rd party app, or to transfer the file freely to some other device. In order to do that, you have to download using your computer browser from your Google Play Music library. The tracks download as mp3 files, and then you can move them around as you wish.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
I discovered in the settings of the Album Art Grabber app you ha e the option to Save the artwork locally... Ever since doing it art has not disappeared.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
The thing is I use the album art grabber app to discover the missing artwork, it finds it fine but after 24 hours it magically blanks out, disappears and I ha e to rescan. Does anyone know an easy way to transfer music from iTunes? I currently just use copy/paste to folders but iTunes has all the album covers.

I use iSyncr. That will keep all your album art and playlists from iTunes. For some reason I couldn't get it to work on my Note 4 so I had to use DoubleTwist, which worked ok. I'm back to using iSyncr on my S6.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear