My case/cover causes a strange problem.

Marcel Carvalho

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
I don't think it's a magnetic issue...

I have this generic case that the flip isn't suppose to be magnetic...when I close it (flip on the screen side) nothing happens (no turning on or off as the samsung book cover case) however when I open the flip backwards it turns off my p905m, and when I, until the flip is full opened backwards, separate the flip from the back of tablet it turns on (just like the book cover does when it closes on the screen, but with my case in the back...). it's weird, but true.

20141020_162104.jpg
That's my generic case...

Last edited:

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I have a Moko case I bought on Amazon that has hand strap and works well. I previously bought one for my Nexus 7 and have been impressed with both it and the seller, so this was my first choice for the Note Pro.

Marcel Carvalho

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Erratum: I've found that there is a magnet in the flip of my generic case...wich makes me think that there is a issue with the p905m sensor because it doesn't work flipping over the screen, only backwards... maybe the tablet sensor is upside down? :)

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Do you know where the magnet in your case is and where it falls when closed or flipped over in relation to where it needs to fall on the tablet to trigger the on/off feature?

If I recall correctly, the magnetic sensor is located a couple of inches to the right of the Samsung logo and an inch or so below the top of the screen.

Marcel Carvalho

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes, kind of. ...I've noticed that the magnet of my case is a little bit misaligned with the tablet sensor. ... so I need to force an alignment between the flip and the tablet in order to make it work properly ...I need to be precisous... However, when I open the flip backwards I don't need to be precisous in order to make it "work". ...wich makes me think that the sensor is upside down inside the tablet. :)

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Why fault the tablet, seems to me the fault lies in the case . . improper placement of the magnet and possibly incorrect rotation of the magnet (polarity).

It's highly unlikely your tablet has a improperly installed sensor given these things are mass produced.

von13nie

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for your post. I found the magnet on the front of the cover by using a paperclip and then I glued a coin over it. This coin is magnetic, it doesn't work if the coin is not magnetic. Your post was very useful.samsung tab.jpg Problem fixed.

Sufyan Samad

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Had the same issue with samsung tab 3.. resolved by removing magnet from backside of case cover.... this magnets r used to support the case cover as a stand

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xak47d