My comparison of the G2 to the Droid Maxx

phillydog#CB

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
Well, I haven't made a purchase but these 2 have made the championship round.
My inclination for going with the Maxx is solely battery life. I now have a Rezound with a >3000ma battery. Doesn't matter what the specs or performance of the device is. I have to throttle back so many apps, etc on the device to try and get to the end of the day that my crippled Rezound looks nowhere near the device I handled in the store. Getting push mail again rather that polling every 15 minutes or having my weather widget refresh every 2 hours rather than 8 hours is a big upgrade. I liked the G2 but my concern is that I again would have to turn down the brightness, reduce refresh rate, etc without the luxury of a backup plan (e.g. spare battery)

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
My inclination for going with the Maxx is solely battery life. I now have a Rezound with a >3000ma battery. Doesn't matter what the specs or performance of the device is. I have to throttle back so many apps, etc on the device to try and get to the end of the day that my crippled Rezound looks nowhere near the device I handled in the store. Getting push mail again rather that polling every 15 minutes or having my weather widget refresh every 2 hours rather than 8 hours is a big upgrade. I liked the G2 but my concern is that I again would have to turn down the brightness, reduce refresh rate, etc without the luxury of a backup plan (e.g. spare battery)

I was making it through a day of moderate use with the G2 without a problem but on the days where I have heavy use I like the peace of mind of not having to worry about the battery. I'm still consistently getting down to only about 85 percent after moderate use my 10 hour shift in the ER. In the end, I'm definitely staying with the Maxx.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site

Of course Maxx is the battery king right now, but G2 is close second it seems. Unless you are on the phone all the time with games, videos, you won't have any problem making through a day with plenty of charge left. Except battery, Maxx is below G2 and other flagships in screen, camera, processor.

Snareman

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Of course Maxx is the battery king right now, but G2 is close second it seems. Unless you are on the phone all the time with games, videos, you won't have any problem making through a day with plenty of charge left. Except battery, Maxx is below G2 and other flagships in screen, camera, processor.

I agree. The G2 is better and a lot of areas. I really want to like it better everytime I pick it up, but I am sold on the large battery life and active notifications. I love taking the phone out of my pocket and having it light up to let me know if I have any messages.

Sent from my Droid Maxx using Tapatalk 4

wpwoodjr

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I've found that the G2 doesn't lock onto GPS as reliably as the MAXX. For instance the MAXX will lock onto GPS in the store while the G2 won't. Also, the MAXX has more memory available, >1000mb after boot vs 700mb after boot on G2. The G2's camera is awesome with the OIS, especially in low light. I wish the G2 had the soft-touch back of the MAXX. Also the MAXX has a barometer, the G2 does not (for detecting when you climb stairs).

For me it's a tough choice, because I love the look and feel of the MAXX (the back, the curvy glass on front, the rich dark blacks and saturated colors) but I love the camera on the G2.