My contacts disappeared. Also, email contacts will not auto load when I type an email address.

A

AC Question

Moto G5 Plus, brand new, only used 2 months. Emails that I cancelled on my computer would not cancel on the cell. So after reading online I tried various things to no avail. This is not the current problem, but in playing around with different settings I might have caused the following 2 problems that started today. These are the 2 problems I really need addressed! 1- My Contacts list that I use to make phone calls, automatically deleted, or lost, almost all of my contacts (no emails were included in this contact list). 2- In my hotmail and msn email account, when I type in a name on a new email, it no longer auto loads any email contacts. But my gmail account will auto load all email contacts. I have read everywhere I can to try to resolve the problem with email addresses. Please help!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which account were your contacts saved to in the first place (in the Contacts app)? Were they saved to your Google account, the local Phone account, or somewhere else? Or were you only relying on your Call History?

ethel nearandfar

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
Great question and I am not sure! This is my very first smartphone and I had my granddaughter help me set it up. I am a total newbie to cell phones. We are talking here about two different contacts. The first is the Contact app, which was preloaded on the Moto G5 plus. I never paid attention as I loaded contacts what it said. The 3 or 4 that weren't deleted, state they are saved to my google account. I added every one of the contacts manually into this app, but I am sorry, I did not pay any attention to where it says: "saving to:". The second problem is in my emails, which are located in the preinstalled Gmail app. I have 2 hotmail email accounts and one gmail account in this app. Today, out of the blue, when I went to compose an email, it would not autoload any of my msn addresses. On my desktop computer and tablet, I have no problem with these email accounts-the email addresses will auto load.What I am wondering is, if I go and reset this phone to factory data reset, and start out fresh, might be the easiest solution? I have very few apps I've installed, and very few photos on the camera. I just cannot figure out why this has happened and have looked everywhere on this phone reading every word under each app.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What I would strongly suggest is to enter all of your contacts into your Google Contacts desktop site (contacts.google.com). Those contacts will automatically sync with your phone (as long as the phone is logged into the same account). You can then easily access these contacts to call, email, or text.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Janvi212