My Facebook notifications aren't working how do I fix it ?

Jumbochick

Aug 2, 2019
Visit site
My Facebook notifications suddenly stopped coming through my phone which is a Samsung Galaxy S9+ . I have tried every instruction given to me, but to no avail. Other than uninstall it then reinstall which I can't do because it's an inbuilt app on my phone I don't know what else to try. Can anyone help me fix this please ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you able to test this on another device? If you don't have another mobile device, ask a family member or friend if you can temporarily log into your Facebook account on their app and see if notifications come through there. If they don't, then it could be an issue with your account -- I've seen a few posts on this forum from members with this odd issue of their specific Facebook account not generating notifications, regardless of the device they're logged into (while others who log in on that same phone do get notifications). These users have checked their Facebook notification settings in the account (using a computer browser), which show all notifications turned on. I haven't seen a definitive fix for this, and I usually recommend contacting Facebook support about it.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm curious if it's the theme , because it's been known using certain ones in pie wont give notifications.
Are you able to test this on another device? If you don't have another mobile device, ask a family member or friend if you can temporarily log into your Facebook account on their app and see if notifications come through there. If they don't, then it could be an issue with your account -- I've seen a few posts on this forum from members with this odd issue of their specific Facebook account not generating notifications, regardless of the device they're logged into (while others who log in on that same phone do get notifications). These users have checked their Facebook notification settings in the account (using a computer browser), which show all notifications turned on. I haven't seen a definitive fix for this, and I usually recommend contacting Facebook support about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali