My first S24Ultra complaint...

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Display seems so dull like vivid mode isn't doing anything. I've noticed that every year the displays have been getting duller and duller. I don't even want overly vivid screens as on my S23Ultra I did put it in vivid mode however I would then go to advanced and lower the red, blue, and green sliders all the way to tone it down to in between default vivid and non vivid mode..

Second complaint, did smart switch and past phones I didn't have to press OK after typing in my pin to unlock now I do?

Third complaint, the clock on the lock screen is an ugly green instead of white now??

Hopefully I can fix a couple of these complaints in the settings and hopefully an update can make the colors on the display a tad more vivid.

Last edited:
Reactions: lateck2 and bhatech

pags11

Mar 5, 2019
Visit site
Display seems so dull like vivid mode isn't doing anything. I've noticed that every year the displays have been getting duller and duller. I don't even want overly vivid screens as on my S23Ultra I did put it in vivid mode however I would then go to advanced and lower the red, blue, and green sliders all the way to tone it down to in between default vivid and non vivid mode..

Second complaint, did smart switch and past phones I didn't have to press OK after typing in my pin to unlock now I do?

Third complaint, the clock on the lock screen is an ugly green instead of white now??

Hopefully I can fix a couple of these complaints in the settings and hopefully an update can make the colors on the display a tad more vivid.
Have read a lot about this on Reddit the last 24 hours. Let us know if you find anything that helps. Wonder if a software update can help with this?

Reactions: kevinpleasants

InstaGoogleTweetFace

May 15, 2019
Visit site

I received my S24 Ultra this morning and I love the display, contrast, and black level. I have it on vivid and adaptive brightness. If the screen is too dark for you, just adjust the brightness to your liking. Pictures and videos are boosted in brightness if you have this setting on.

DecipherThis

Jan 19, 2024
Visit site
It has to do with the tech of the screen it's self for the anti-glare feature. There's nothing you can do about that.
Ehh all they have to do is add an option to increase saturation. Watching high quality videos the display can certainly provide those punchy colours.

To me it's just Samsung forcing a natural tone which apparently has been the latest trend. Hopefully with enough backlash they will add a saturation slider.

I'm not ruling out that the new Armour glass plays a role but I still think it's just a software fix.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
My screen looks wonderful! I think some people are used to seeing eyeball searing color saturation which is NOT what they see when they look out a window. Oh well, to each his/her own!

Reactions: 1raygin

clownin72

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just turned my display on my s22 ultra to natural from vivid. Preparing myself to not be too disappointed when I set up my new phone in a couple hours

Edit: After 5 minutes I've switched back to vivid, it's so much better than natural

Last edited:

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
It's mainly anti refective Coating
When I saw the phone at samsung stores , dint see ant difference
Waiting for my phone to arrive

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I just turned my display on my s22 ultra to natural from vivid. Preparing myself to not be too disappointed when I set up my new phone in a couple hours

Edit: After 5 minutes I've switched back to vivid, it's so much better than natural
Oh the jump in vividness from the S22U to the S24U will be huge! I have all three sitting right in front of me! The S23U in vivid mode with the red, blue, and green sliders set all the way down was perfect to me. I don't like too much over saturation but I also don't like a color display that looks like a CRT with the capacitors in their way out either. 😅

These phone displays should have the same color adjustments as TVs IMO. I use a LG Oled TV and the color and contrast on it is perfection, but after painstaking adjustments. I've always hated getting a new display because they never look rigjt to me out if the box. 🙄

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I received my S24 Ultra this morning and I love the display, contrast, and black level. I have it on vivid and adaptive brightness. If the screen is too dark for you, just adjust the brightness to your liking. Pictures and videos are boosted in brightness if you have this setting on.
It's not too dark in brightness, I normally keep the brightness about halfway indoors, it's the color saturation that's not strong enough and vivid mode doesn't seem to do anything to help. Also like I mentioned, I don't like overly saturated colors and in vivid mode on the S23U I set the color sliders all the way down so that it's perfectly in the middle of the normal vivid mode and natural. Natural is just too dull to my eyes and say, vivid mode on the S22U was way too saturated. This all probably has something to do with winning screen on time battery tests, maybe. Hopefully a software update can change the dull color.

Reactions: kevinpleasants

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Oh good I'll put mine on vivid too and adaptive brightness That's what my might be on now I just opened it up and my coworker was like Oh my gosh that's so pretty but he's an iPhone boy He's got a 14 pro Max and now he wants the 15 pro Max. I haven't even turned it on yet I'm just on a quick 15 minute break and I'll mess with it on my dinner break

But can somebody answer a question for me since it's unlocked from Samsung but I have Verizon do I have to take the Sim out of my 23 and put it in the 24 or is it already got something in it and it's ready to go from Samsung?

Reactions: nuangel2

Emig5m

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh good I'll put mine on vivid too and adaptive brightness That's what my might be on now I just opened it up and my coworker was like Oh my gosh that's so pretty but he's an iPhone boy He's got a 14 pro Max and now he wants the 15 pro Max. I haven't even turned it on yet I'm just on a quick 15 minute break and I'll mess with it on my dinner break

But can somebody answer a question for me since it's unlocked from Samsung but I have Verizon do I have to take the Sim out of my 23 and put it in the 24 or is it already got something in it and it's ready to go from Samsung?
Just swap in your existing sim card. You can even do that with the phones powered on. The unlocked phone doesn't come with one.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Anyway, I just read a YouTube comment that they said that they contacted Samsung totady and Samsung said that they are aware of vivid mode not working so hopefully there's some truth to that and it will be fixed in a update.
Honestly, there's enough little flaws in 6.1 that it feels like a beta lol. I think there were actually more changes from 6 to 6.1 than 5.1 to 6.

Bbtz84

Mar 23, 2017
Visit site
Check out the notification window with all the quick settings are and there is a few for color and I feel like my screen looks different now

Reactions: Rose4uKY

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29