My Galaxy 7 posting the same wrong date, each time it's turned on.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Beginning back on August 4, each time I turned on my phone (because it is constantly dying quickly) it is showing the same future date- Saturday November 10th, 2018 - 11:23am. I can understand maybe not updating from when it shuts down from the battery dying, but this is the same exact date and time, 3 MONTHS in the future!!! It seems a little ominous. Anyone else having THIS kind of problem? It's been doing this MANY times a day - (I've tried many times just restarting it, to try to clear the problem.) Usually, it takes a minute or 2 to correct, but it continued with that time for about 4 minutes yesterday. It's been doing this for 8 days now. Also, I've made phone calls and sent texts, and it has logged those dates and times. - you would think that if my phone was ready to call or text(after restarting) it should sync up the correct date/time by then.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you made sure that the time, date and timezone are set to automatic? And that you''re connecting to the network?

JCFeeley61

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
Beginning back on August 4, each time I turned on my phone (because it is constantly dying quickly) it is showing the same future date- Saturday November 10th, 2018 - 11:23am. I can understand maybe not updating from when it shuts down from the battery dying, but this is the same exact date and time, 3 MONTHS in the future!!! It seems a little ominous. Anyone else having THIS kind of problem? It's been doing this MANY times a day - (I've tried many times just restarting it, to try to clear the problem.) Usually, it takes a minute or 2 to correct, but it continued with that time for about 4 minutes yesterday. It's been doing this for 8 days now. Also, I've made phone calls and sent texts, and it has logged those dates and times. - you would think that if my phone was ready to call or text(after restarting) it should sync up the correct date/time by then.

JCFeeley61

Aug 15, 2018
Visit site
This is so strange. I'm having the exact same issue - calls are being posted/logged in the future. System Date and time are being set in the future (mine is about 45 days) - glitch began in early August. Also found my battery draining at twice it's normal rate. We're you able to figure it out a solution?

im_dneece6

Mar 7, 2013
Visit site
Omg! My galaxy s7 is doing the same thing. It started 2 weeks ago. It suddenly reboots itself and I end up in the future - Oct 13, 2018! It takes a long time and several reboots to correct it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zigzagchamber