My Harmonia 1.7 ROM is NOT stable :( *updates FIXED*

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

I just rooted and flashed Harmonia 1.7 to my OV today. I have a newer OV and I got the black screen after the LG logo. So I flashed the Pica Remix kernel and that solved the black screen issue. Now my phone shuts off and reboots, randomly and for no obvious reason. Again, this is puzzling since I assumed Froyo ROMs, especially Harmonia, were supposed to be the most stable.

Possible variations I'm listing, if it helps:
After I flashed Harmonia 1.7 (which I did exactly as LeslieAnns post instructed), I rebooted and waited until the launcher started (the screen is still blank at this point). I removded my battery (only way to power off with a blank screen) and booted to CWMA. At this point, I went ahead and wiped the factory/data cache and system cache. Did not wipe Davlik cache. Then I flashed Pica Remix and rebooted.

Ok the screen worked now. Now the only major issue is my phone was rebooting randomly and for no reason, every 15-30 seconds. After the Google apps had updated and I changed to a stock wallpaper *shrug, you never know* the reboot issue got better. Now it still happens, but less frequently than every 30 seconds.

Has anyone else encountered this issue? Is there anyway I can pin down the problem here?

Very frustrated atm, any help would be MUCH appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
Points where I'm crashing:

- When I add a shortcut to my homescreen (once)
- When I changed my wallpaper (twice)
- When I opened MMS (once).

After the initial updates, these crashes seem to occur when I first do an action, then they stop. Any reason for this? *Scratches head*

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: My Harmonia 1.7 ROM is NOT stable :(

The Pica07remix kernel is overclocked by default. Try putting it back to 600mhz and see how it works then.

But unfortunately I have the same issue with all of the froyo roms I've tried with the remix kernel. If you get it to work let me know.

Reactions: droidmyme

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Quick things you can check/do.

Check that your cwr is compatible.

Check your overclocking..you cant overlook the same on all roms

Reflash properly without any hiccups ..fresh rom and kernel

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
The Pica07remix kernel is overclocked by default. Try putting it back to 600mhz and see how it works then.

But unfortunately I have the same issue with all of the froyo roms I've tried with the remix kernel. If you get it to work let me know.

Hm. I tried setting the CPU to a stock 600 mHz. So far it's going good and it "feels" better. Thanks for the info, because from what I read it seems that 806 was supposedly the sweet point! I guess there are alot of differences between the old and new generation of OVs.

saxrulez

Nov 14, 2011
Visit site

I found that opening google maps will usually cause my phone to reboot if it is going to. It's usually the first thing I try to see if my phone is going to randomly reboot.

Reactions: droidmyme

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
I found that opening google maps will usually cause my phone to reboot if it is going to. It's usually the first thing I try to see if my phone is going to randomly reboot.

Ok that is really helpful, thank you.

I think the overclocked CPU was the issue! Set it back to 600 mHz and no crashing, feels great! I'm happy now :). I guess I will have to bump up the frequency incrementally and find the "sweet spot," as they say.

Thank you again! Will be monitoring this the next day or so, if no more problems then I'll make a note of it as fixed :D

Badboytoast

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site

You should try a full wipe again now that your phone is geting/been adapted to the new kernel! Its worth a shot!!

clodfelterac

Samurai Dev
Jan 3, 2012
Visit site

backup>wipe cache>wipe delvik>wipe data>format boot>format cache>format data>format system>flash rom>flash gapps if needed>reboot... :)
as soon as it boots fully youre still gonna have to change the oc max to 600 to prevent the random reboots... once you get your phone the way you want it, make another backup in recovery... :)

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
backup>wipe cache>wipe delvik>wipe data>format boot>format cache>format data>format system>flash rom>flash gapps if needed>reboot... :)
as soon as it boots fully youre still gonna have to change the oc max to 600 to prevent the random reboots... once you get your phone the way you want it, make another backup in recovery... :)

Ok. If I do all that, won't the ROM files be erased, along with the system partition?

Sorry for the,dumb question. I'm kinda noob, and I don't understand why you wipe AFTER a rom install.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site

In the middle it says to reflash the rom.
You may want to check the MD5 as well on your rom.zip

CuriousNoob

Banned
Aug 2, 2011
Visit site

Picastacks Kernel is automatically overclocked, yes. About 480-748 INTERACTIVE. My phone can't handle that, so if your problem is the overclock, just lower it. :p

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
In the middle it says to reflash the rom.
You may want to check the MD5 as well on your rom.zip

Yeah I did, thanks to your tutorial! :)

Picastacks Kernel is automatically overclocked, yes. About 480-748 INTERACTIVE. My phone can't handle that, so if your problem is the overclock, just lower it. :p

Yeah. I downloaded a CPU app and set the overclock to 726 mHz, and it was still crashing. I guess hoping for a 20% overclock is a little high, after all.

Are there any apps that allow you to set an overclock at 680-700 Mhz? The two free ones I tried only had 726 and 400.

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Yeah. I downloaded a CPU app and set the overclock to 726 mHz, and it was still crashing. I guess hoping for a 20% overclock is a little high, after all.

Are there any apps that allow you to set an overclock at 680-700 Mhz? The two free ones I tried only had 726 and 400.

The only frequencies supported by the OV processor are 122, 245, 320, 480, 600, 726... nothing between 600 and 700. Sorry.

These new OV's seem really poor quality... I have the old OV and it can overclock to 800+

droidmyme

Apr 7, 2012
Visit site
The only frequencies supported by the OV processor are 122, 245, 320, 480, 600, 726... nothing between 600 and 700. Sorry.

These new OV's seem really poor quality... I have the old OV and it can overclock to 800+

Wow. I REALLY want the 1st gen OV.
And I'm sure finding one is going to be a piece of CAKE. (Not)

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

Wow. I REALLY want the 1st gen OV.
And I'm sure finding one is going to be a piece of CAKE. (Not)

They do overclock over 800, but the new ones don't seem to be handling high OC speeds as well as the old ones. Finding one will be difficult, because we don't actually know what the "New ones" are, or how to distinguish which they are besides purchase date. It seems somewhere along the line when they started switching screens, they started using crappier processors or something. I bought mine last June and I keep my OC at 806, where it is extremely stable. I can put mine at 825, but I get occasional reboots on that...

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

The 1st gens are VM670zv4.

That's the radio identity...

It doesn't necessarily tell you whether your OV could experience problems. It seems to me that a majority of the phones purchased after the first of this year are the ones with problems.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blaze_3ds