My i-Blason case failed me in only 8 months! Any other suggestions?

Cyber Akuma

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
A few months ago I was looking for a case for my M8 that included a belt clip/holster and would offer some protection for the phone itself... but preferably WITHOUT a screen protector since I have never seen one, whether it's stick-on or part of the case, that didn't add a rainbow hue/discoloration or make the image look less sharp.

Ok, so everyone seems to go on about i-Blason. i-Blason this, i-Blason that, and it's one of the best selling and highest rated HTC M8 cases on Amazon.... and it was only $10, so I got one. Everyone seems to think they are great..... until something goes wrong that is. The belt-clip snapped today, and I figured, well, they do have a one year warranty.

... turns out, they only honor the warranty if you purchased it from their own site... at about twice the price. Their FAQ on their own website basically tells you "It's Amazon's problem" if you purchased it from them.

Ok... so i-Blason is a no-go. Guess I couldn't expect much from a $10 case..... problem is though, I seem to have almost no other options.

There are very few options that have a belt clip and aren't just a pouch/holster with no actual case, or a giant bells-and-whistles overpriced ordeal. I have only found three, and none of them seem any good:

(Sorry, I can't link to the cases since I don't have a high enough post count yet)

First there is the Otterbox Defender. A brand I used to swear by..... until I had to do a warranty replacement on my previous phone, and was told it was on it's way...... then never heard from them again. And in the case of the M8 specifically, I have heard a ton of people say the M8 version of their Defender case is horrible.... and despite the overall positive score on Amazon, it's full of negative reviews. Also, it has a built-in screen protector, which o my previous phone drove me crazy with it's discoloration. The fact that this normally $50 case has been knocked down to $20 doesn't fill me with confidence.

Then there is the Puregear case for about $16. No screen protector and simple.... problem is it's TOO simple, there is barely any covering on the phone, especially across the front and most of the sides. It's almost just a place for the belt-clip to snag onto.

And finally, the last one I could find that was both a case and had a belt clip was the Encased "Pantera Series" for around $17. The case certainly looks nice, and promises a two year warranty. Problem is, the reviews mention issues like the case putting the window for the IR blaster on the wrong side of the phone, leaving the real IR blaster blocked, and blocking the notification led as well. Also, despite the two year warranty.... I couldn't find any information about their website no matter how much I Googled it! ... it also has a built-in screen protector like the Otterbox Defender.

So, that's it. That's all the cases I have been able to find that are both a protective case and have a belt clip/holster, and none of them seem to be any good or fit the bill. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Or have they used any of these three and can offer comments about them?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurenceNichols