My introduction

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Stargate. I'm using the Note 4 right now. It has a few hiccups here and there, but it's nothing I can't live with. You know, I really liked the GS5. I didn't think it was that bad at all. I didn't even think the look and feel were horrible either. I kind of liked it. I don't think it holds a candle to the Note 4, but I would have no trouble at all recommending it to someone looking for a good, solid, all around phone.

I know, I have the Galaxy S5 and love that darn thing.
Looking forward to see what the GS6 will be like!

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I know, I have the Galaxy S5 and love that darn thing.
Looking forward to see what the GS6 will be like!
I thought the GS5 was a great phone. I just really wanted that Note 4 however.
I think the GS6 has the potential to be very nice. I'm wondering what the redesigned TouchWiz is going to be like. Not that I have a lot to complain about TouchWiz now, but if they are going to completely revamp it (as many are saying) and make it very close to stock Android is very interesting to me. Also, with the new hardware design (curved display, metal chassis, etc.), they have the potential to regain some respect that many customers and Android fanatics have complained about in recent years. I'll be tuned in March 1st for the unveiling for sure!!!

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
If the new HTC flagship looks like this:View attachment 161771

and give even a small bump to the specs, HTC will have a very good chance of getting another sale from me.

I hear ya there. It looks like it's going to be a killer phone. When I got my GS5 I was going back and forth between the GS5 and the M8. The salesman at ATT told me that they had a few people bring the M8 back in due to some hardware issues and that ultimately led to my decision, however that's the only time I ever heard anyone make mention of it having problems. I was happy with my decision to buy the Samsung, but the M8 was (is) a beautiful looking device and this new one, if it's anything close to what the renderings are showing, is going to be a beautiful phone. I can't wait to get my hands on it and try it out.

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I hope it looks similar to this, but the leaked renders look a lot worse :(
Looks like they have a model with a home (derp button) similar to Samsung :confused:

Well, I'm a self-admitted Samsung "fanboy", so I don't mind the home button that much. ;-) However, I agree with you, if it looks like this.... it may be the best looking phone on the market this year imo!!!! Of course, the M8 made a solid argument for the best looking phone of 2014 too!!!

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I hope it looks similar to this, but the leaked renders look a lot worse :(
Looks like they have a model with a home (derp button) similar to Samsung :confused:

If the screen size was a tick smaller say 4.8, that would be legen...wait for it...dary. :p

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
If the screen size was a tick smaller say 4.8, that would be legen...wait for it...dary. :p

Ha. Yeah, 4.8 would be a very comfortable size for sure. I have to admit though, I'm loving the big screen on the Note 4, but I can totally see why so many people want to stray away from the 5.5 - 6.0 screens. They can become a bit cumbersome from time to time during the day.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Ha. Yeah, 4.8 would be a very comfortable size for sure. I have to admit though, I'm loving the big screen on the Note 4, but I can totally see why so many people want to stray away from the 5.5 - 6.0 screens. They can become a bit cumbersome from time to time during the day.

For me, it's just a preference to use a device one handed. Sure, with Nova, I have it set up that I can use my M8 with one hand a little easier, but as the screen gets bigger it gets wider. That is the part I don't care for.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

I don't know...I kind of like the bigger phones. Hoping to get a phablet this time around, so if HTC can make the phone above with a 5.5-5.7 inch screen I would be sold. Otherwise, I'm hoping Google can give us a phone that is actually worth the $650 price tag this year

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
For me, it's just a preference to use a device one handed. Sure, with Nova, I have it set up that I can use my M8 with one hand a little easier, but as the screen gets bigger it gets wider. That is the part I don't care for.

I can totally understand and respect that. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't want anything bigger than 6". Once I got my hands on the Note 4 and messed around with it though I loved it. It, literally, took me about 5 minutes to realize that I "need" that bigger screen.

Scott Shrewsberry

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I don't know...I kind of like the bigger phones. Hoping to get a phablet this time around, so if HTC can make the phone above with a 5.5-5.7 inch screen I would be sold. Otherwise, I'm hoping Google can give us a phone that is actually worth the $650 price tag this year

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Lollipop 5.0.2

My wife went from the IPhone 5 to the Note 4 and she loves it. She was skeptical at first because that was such a huge jump, but after messing with it then picking her IPhone back up a week or so later she said, "I can't believe how small this looks and feels!!! I can't believe I ever used this thing!!!" She loves that huge screen for streaming videos and cruising around on the Net. As you mentioned, they are a bit pricey, but it's worth it for me. I'm not sure I'll pick the M9 up however, I may wait and see what the Note 5 or the next Nexus looks like. Who knows? I'll probably change my mind next week!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lawrick