My LG G2 won't knock on

Joshua Kirkland1

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Yup. I had to clean the edges of excess glue and colored the tiny space where actual glue's supposed to be with black sharpie because it turned kinda white. But the phone is 100% fixed. It'll probably wear out again and I'll do the same thing again. I'll wager that's what LG or the service tech at sprint store will do when you make a claim.

Posted via Android Central App

Officialxian

Aug 17, 2014
Visit site
Okay, this is a little bump, but for those of you who have the Sprint LG G2 (LS980), I have a solution. The LS980's Hidden Menu is different from the other versions, and I found where to update the Touch Firmware today by sifting through trying all the different tests to see if anything will trigger the Knock On to work. Here goes.
1. Open your Phone app.
2. Dial 5689#*980# (you won't see the last #).
3. Navigate to HW Device Test (Entry #2) > Touch Test (Entry #4) > Touch Firmware Upgrade (Entry #11) *
4. Wait for about 10 seconds for the firmware to upgrade.
5. Hit Home to exit the Hidden Menu.
6. Try Knock Off
7. Try Knock On
8. ???
9. Profit!

Hopefully that works for you guys.

* Number 3: if you've been in the Hidden Menu recently (since your last reboot) you may have to tap your back button a few times to get back to the root of the Hidden Menu.

Oh, and for reference, here's my Touch Firmware Info:
EDIT: Get to Touch Firmware Info by going into Touch Test and tapping Touch Firmware Version (Entry #10).
Code:
Touch Firmware Version:

====== Firmware Info ======
ic_fw_identifier = PLG208-1
ic_fw_version    =     E067
img_fw_product_id=   PLG208
img_fw_version   =     E067
ic_chip_rev      =        2
bootloader_fw_ver=        0
lcd_panel_type(boot)=     0
lcd_panel_type(current)=  0

Last edited:

Krabbe Gurgel

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
There is a solution; (not sure about it, my friend had the same problem and he fixed it with this method)

Open dialer menu and type;
3845#*802# (International)

And when hidden menu is showed up, go to "Settings"
and go to "Update Touch Firmware".
The touchscreen won't work until after 5 seconds, Wait for it and if touchscreen gets working, exit the menu.
Lock the phone and try knocking on the screen, It should be working ;)
Just registered to post a huge thanks to you and your friend. This worked brilliantly. None of the other tips here did. Stuff like waiting a second before doing the second tap? Not good enough. (Also it didn't work anyway.)

This issue happened to be sometime after or during giving my G2 root privileges. It did not come with the KitKat upgrade - in fact, the double tap response got better with the KitKat upgrade. Thanks for this!! :)

MANOLIS VASSALOS

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
There is a solution; (not sure about it, my friend had the same problem and he fixed it with this method)

5689#*980# (Sprint)
3845#*801# (T-Mobile)
3845#*803# (AT&T Canada)
3845#*800# (At&T)
3845#*980# (Verizon)

The touchscreen won't work until after 5 seconds, Wait for it and if touchscreen gets working, exit the menu.
works for me but now i have to "knock on" and then "knock on code". Before with turned off display i had only to "knock on code" straight. Thanks anyway, you helped me a lot

reinaldocfilho

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

5689#*980# (Sprint)
3845#*801# (T-Mobile)
3845#*803# (AT&T Canada)
3845#*800# (At&T)
3845#*980# (Verizon)

Man, you saved me, I was with this problem after downgrading from a rooted KitKat to unrooted Jelly Bean (KitKat sucked hard here at my D805 model), thank you man.

rootlinux

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Okay, this is a little bump, but for those of you who have the Sprint LG G2 (LS980), I have a solution. The LS980's Hidden Menu is different from the other versions, and I found where to update the Touch Firmware today by sifting through trying all the different tests to see if anything will trigger the Knock On to work. Here goes.
1. Open your Phone app.
2. Dial 5689#*980# (you won't see the last #).
3. Navigate to HW Device Test (Entry #2) > Touch Test (Entry #4) > Touch Firmware Upgrade (Entry #11) *
4. Wait for about 10 seconds for the firmware to upgrade.
5. Hit Home to exit the Hidden Menu.
6. Try Knock Off
7. Try Knock On
8. ???
9. Profit!

Hopefully that works for you guys.

* Number 3: if you've been in the Hidden Menu recently (since your last reboot) you may have to tap your back button a few times to get back to the root of the Hidden Menu.

Oh, and for reference, here's my Touch Firmware Info:
EDIT: Get to Touch Firmware Info by going into Touch Test and tapping Touch Firmware Version (Entry #10).
Code:
Touch Firmware Version:

====== Firmware Info ======
ic_fw_identifier = PLG208-1
ic_fw_version    =     E067
img_fw_product_id=   PLG208
img_fw_version   =     E067
ic_chip_rev      =        2
bootloader_fw_ver=        0
lcd_panel_type(boot)=     0
lcd_panel_type(current)=  0
Can you post a screen shot of this menu?
Mine doesn't have a HW option anywhere that I can find.

Valor Dentro

Oct 16, 2014
Visit site
Well I know its been a long time this post had stared. I got my new G2 and I was experiencing the same issue with knock on and off. And I found that, to knock on "Double Tap doesn't work as usual" INSTEAD, when the screen is off and knocking on the code itself (Blindly) does turn on the screen. This doesn't require to enter knock code again. I tried couple of times doing that and the posted to let you guys know.

MATTHEW_ELITE22

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
My lg g2 wont knock on

My phone won't knock on to turn on but it will knock off to turn off this really sux ssomeone tell me how to fix it besides buying another phone

cardkid

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
Anyone able to do this on Sprint? I think the hardware menu option is no longer available using 5689#*980#. so i can't upgrade the touchscreen firmware.

Ting Young

Jan 15, 2015
Visit site

5689#*980# (Sprint)
3845#*801# (T-Mobile)
3845#*803# (AT&T Canada)
3845#*800# (At&T)
3845#*980# (Verizon)

Thank you so much! This way worked great for me.

I have an ATT Lg G2, I rooted it, then I restore it back to the original stock. At first, the double tap only worked to turn the screen off, but not waking up. So I found the same question here. I updated my phone to current Kitkat version, but the waking up still didn't work. Then I tried the method above, YES! It worked right away!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J0SH