My Maps Fails to Load in Google Maps

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I recently completed a new map in Google maps on my PC. Every time I try to load it in Google Maps on my Droid I get a "my maps failed to load" message. This happened on V3.3 and since I upgraded to 3.4.

Any ideas on how to fix?

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried restarting the phone? Or you could uninstall it then, reinstall it... I'm thinking maybe something did download right.

I've gotten that message before but I just closed it and restarted the program and it would work fine. I notice I usually get problems like that when its really cloudy or something.

Hope you can fix it because I found the new google maps to be really impressive and very smooth with the whole pinch to zoom.

spacehippie2k

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on my Droid. Un/re-installing and re-booting doesn't seem to fix it. Maybe it's a small bug that will be addressed in the next update...

ericatomars06

Dec 10, 2009
Visit site
Have you tried using maps on both WIFI and the 3g?

Last night my google map wasnt working.. It wasn't a big deal.. I just wanted to check something really fast but I just checked it right now and it's working fine.

smkilgo

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Have a Motorola Droid. My maps was working fine, now i get the "failed to load" message. Really wish it would work. I have been traveling a lot lately and found it a very convenient feature. I have been searching everywhere and have not been able to find a solution.

UncleMike

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
I recall reading somewhere that joining (or attempting to join) Goggle Latitude within Google Maps fixes the problem. I believe it will work even if you cancel at the user agreement for latitude.

baycruisers

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I've upgraded to Maps 4.0 and was still having the problem. I didn't belong to Latititude but just enabled it and voila---My Maps now loads.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Chillout

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I also had the same issue after updating to the new version of Google Maps, I did restart the phone and since then I've tried it several times without an issue..so far so good.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
Being able to access My Maps seems pretty useless without being able to navigate the route you created on the computer. It's amazing that Google has the ability to send the route to a GPS unit for navigation, but not to a Google phone.

Here's hoping Froyo fixes this. Until then, the Android map program is cute, and serviceable as an emergency backup, but no subsitute for a sophisticated GPS unit.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saadsaleem