My Marine's G5 Restarted on its own

A

AC Question

My son is deployed with the USMC overseas and his G5 reset its self. He didn't have any of his photos backed up because he has no cell service over there and very limited Wifi. Is there any way he can get those photos back?

mehigh101

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central!
If the phone is rooted you can use some apps wich can solve your problem.
Best regards,Mikey. For any more questions,PM me. I hope you found what you were looking for.
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge SM-G935F.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Something to think about...all of the files may be recoverable, but they have been marked for deletion. Meaning that as soon as new files are introduced to the phone, those files will be overwritten.

I'm not sure what to suggest, really. He is in a tight spot with the phone.

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I kind of figured that was the case. Probably not a lot he can do. Sucks. He has been in the field for about a month and a half, just gets back to a little Wifi and looses everything he took on his phone with his cam wile he was out there. Feel bad for him.

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
Also pretty sure his phone was storing photos on the SD card, but he says it shows there is nothing on the card anymore. According to his phone anyway. He has a Ipad with him and that's how he messaged me. He also has a lap top, but its hard for him to use as the screen got broke on the transport overseas. Deployments are hard on equipment. LOL

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Also pretty sure his phone was storing photos on the SD card, but he says it shows there is nothing on the card anymore. According to his phone anyway. He has a Ipad with him and that's how he messaged me. He also has a lap top, but its hard for him to use as the screen got broke on the transport overseas. Deployments are hard on equipment. LOL
Ok... suggestion: he mails the card back to you. If it is on and SD card, finding a program to find those files for a PC is a little easier and probably better than trying to repair them via his phone.

The question of connection to Google is Photos can automatically back up via wifi.

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
That could be a plan. I'm pretty sure he can get it sent to me. Just take a few weeks.

Would his Google have backed up his photos someplace that he can access them through his Google account even if he didn't know it was doing it? By they way his message read, I don't think he thinks he had anything backed up.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
That could be a plan. I'm pretty sure he can get it sent to me. Just take a few weeks.

Would his Google have backed up his photos someplace that he can access them through his Google account even if he didn't know it was doing it? By they way his message read, I don't think he thinks he had anything backed up.
It's not something enabled by default. Google photos does back up pictures and videos, and can be done via cell data or wifi, but those have to be opted in through settings.

Push comes to shove, he can try to look at the photos app, but I don't think that's an app that is a core Google app like Gmail or YouTube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome