My Nexus 5 keeps turning off

eprpalmeida

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I've bought a Nexus 5 on February and it was working flawlessly since 2 days ago. I wasn't doing anything, it had 50% of battery but it turned off. I turned it on and yesterday it went off and when I tried to turn it on, it kept 2 seconds on with the Google logo and it went off, and then on, and then off, without me trying to turn it on! I went to the recovery mode and it shows an android with a red triangle saying "No command". My Nexus is stock, didn't root it, Android 4.4.4. What do I do? When I finally turn it on, it says there is no space to do that action (11gb free) and there is no Carrier signal. How do I factory reset it with the "No command" error?

eprpalmeida

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi Diddy! Finally made the wipe cache and now it looks like the problem has been solved! Let's see and wait, if the problem still persists, i'm gonna factory reset it. Thanks!

pimpdaddywelfare

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
I had this happen a few days ago.

I was on a call, then the call dropped. I looked at the phone and it was blinking from the home screen and the call screen then just shut off. I turned it on and when at the home screen, it blinked from the home screen and the lock screen a few times and shut off.. It did this 3 times, but hasn't done it again.

chiefig

Nov 29, 2014
Visit site
Okay, did the restore and the factory reset, and it is still starting and stopping. Also, WiFi and Bluetooth will not start. Took to fixit shop and they could not find any problems. Have ordered a new battery will see what that will do - if anything.

madhuram5

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
Okay, did the restore and the factory reset, and it is still starting and stopping. Also, WiFi and Bluetooth will not start. Took to fixit shop and they could not find any problems. Have ordered a new battery will see what that will do - if anything.

Has your issue solved after new battery...???

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Has your issue solved after placing new battery
If Google won't replace the battery under the warranty, you can try replacing it yourself. There are a handful of how-to videos, and the battery seems to be easy to replace with minimal removal of the existing components.

jmaccioli

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Same here. It's gotten to the point I can't use it. Turns off after about 10 minutes on even with full charge. A normal hold down the power button doesn't work. If I'm lucky I play with it for 20 minutes and get it started in bootloader mode and press start. Then half the time it turns off or freezes on the google animation screen..

I've tried everything. Clear the cache. Flash factory images over and over. At best it stays on for like an hour then I go to wake the screen and it's completely dead...

Newest issue is my IMEI says 0 now after I flashed 5.0.1. Lol.. Just can't win!

I haven't tried a new battery. I got the battery out and reconnected it thinking that was it but it's not.

I have yet to find rhyme or reason to this.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tarun Katikireddi

Dec 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue. Shut downs at 60% of remaining battery.

Cleared the cache but through Wi-Fi, battery is getting drained so quickly.

Attachments

• Screenshot2014-12-17-03-38-08GaO9J.jpg
    Screenshot2014-12-17-03-38-08GaO9J.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot2014-12-17-11-39-07.jpg
    Screenshot2014-12-17-11-39-07.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 28

madhuram5

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
If Google won't replace the battery under the warranty, you can try replacing it yourself. There are a handful of how-to videos, and the battery seems to be easy to replace with minimal removal of the existing components.

I replaced my battery...... And the problem solved........ But my nexus is degraded at lg service center and I can't see Android 5 update

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I replaced my battery...... And the problem solved........ But my nexus is degraded at lg service center and I can't see Android 5 update
What do you mean by degraded? If you mean that it's no longer seeing the update notification, then be patient because it will be sent back to your device soon.

Chaiti Ahirrao

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem, tried to clear the cache but the phone shuts again even before i can reach that optiton. I have been charging it so I dont know how to even do the reboot as the phone does not let me stay on the menu and shuts again! : ( What should i do?

wpasque

Jul 10, 2015
Visit site
Exact same issue. I have tried to reset, but phone powers off before I can do anything. Is replacing the battery the fix for this problem?

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolwilliamson