My Nexus 6P got the bootloop today :(

rocker1m1

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
I cannot go to the recovery mode as it simply loops all the time. Also I can't even install factory image or reset the phone because the OEM bootloader is locked. Any idea how I can fix this? Warranty is not possible as I got it from US (where I am not right now) and besides it is past that point anyways.

Thank you

Derek Wright

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I had the same thing happen to mine about 2 weeks ago. I never had an extended warranty or anything for it but I contacted Google (since I bought it from the Google store) and all they did was ask a few questions such as if I tried factory resetting, and if I could send a picture of my phone to them. It was over a year old yet they still immediately sent out a replacement. It's refurbished but works flawlessly. Battery life is better as well(I assume it had a new battery installed). I'd try and contact them if that's also how you purchased yours

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I cannot go to the recovery mode as it simply loops all the time.
Can you turn it completely off using the Power button?
At what point during the boot up does it loop? During the bouncing balls?
The hardware buttons should allow you to preempt the boot process - if it won't allow you to enter the bootloader you're toast.

rocker1m1

Feb 13, 2016
Visit site
Can you turn it completely off using the Power button?
At what point during the boot up does it loop? During the bouncing balls?
The hardware buttons should allow you to preempt the boot process - if it won't allow you to enter the bootloader you're toast.

I can power it off from the fast boot menu (one you arrive when you hold power and vol down). It loops if I simply want to load up my phone, it also loops after I try to go to the recovery mode.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if an ADB install would be possible? If it is, you can hopefully boot the phone, select OEM unlock in developer settings and then reflash what ROM you need.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I used nexus toolkit to to unlock the bootloader but it doesn't work.

I think that is still dependent on the toggle being flipped in Settings>Dev options. However, i just realized a mistake on my part. If you are in a bootloop, an adb push can't be done.