My Note 10 wont turn off when I press the power button!

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I try holding and even just pressing the power button and it wont turn off. It keeps going straight to Bixby. What gives?

Misterb

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I figured it out earlier, but only because I remember reading about it in a different thread here. Gotta say, this is going to be a problem for your average user that doesn't hang out on phone forums that's trying to turn their phone off to go on an airplane or whatever. They'll be really frustrated

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This thread is a joke, right?

Not necessarily. People don't always read the manual, and get used to doing things a certain way. Since the Note10 combines Bixby with the Power button, they had to modify how to power off. If I picked up the Note10 for the first time and tried to power off without knowing anything else about the phone, I'd probably run into the same problem (which of course would've prompted me to do a web search on just how the heck to power off the phone).

methodman89

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
What brilliance in engineering. Take a Bixby button most don't want, and then make it necessary to use to power off. Good lock ought to be able to create a dl where the power button can work on its own.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
What brilliance in engineering. Take a Bixby button most don't want, and then make it necessary to use to power off. Good lock ought to be able to create a dl where the power button can work on its own.
Pretty sure it's right in the settings where you can change that... Can someone who got their note confirm? If not I will this afternoon when mine arrives...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer