My Note 8 glass on back cracked.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date

toenail_flicker

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
it's what you need to buy that meets your needs, if you need a strong drop resistant phone, the note 8 isn't for you.

and isn't it a shame that Samsung took that choice away from us, if you are a note user. should not be forced to buy glass because you use that model. and if you are, the glass should be better. but really? glass? great for selling more glass and that's about it. more costly for consumers, more money from broken devices for insurance and
Samsung.

there is NO OTHER model of phone for me as a business user. AS a business user, glass may be pretty, but it is very slippery to hold, and heavy, and as every storefront in the world knows, it breaks easily.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
and isn't it a shame that Samsung took that choice away from us, if you are a note user. should not be forced to buy glass because you use that model. and if you are, the glass should be better. but really? glass? great for selling more glass and that's about it. more costly for consumers, more money from broken devices for insurance and
Samsung.

there is NO OTHER model of phone for me as a business user. AS a business user, glass may be pretty, but it is very slippery to hold, and heavy, and as every storefront in the world knows, it breaks easily.
No but a OtterBox defender case would give the protection needed, and there's other cases. My point is, all phones can break being dropped. No matter what Samsung does here, everyone won't be happy

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
The S8 Active is a nice looking phone and looks to be rugged. If I had to deploy and Android phone to users, I'd pick that one.

Samsung.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I bought this phone knowing it was glass, I knew I would have to be careful with it. If your prone to dropping phones this probably isn't the phone for you. The phone should or shouldn't be made out of glass is not the issue, it's what you need to buy that meets your needs, if you need a strong drop resistant phone, the note 8 isn't for you.

Samsung can't win, people complained about the cheap plastic backs, the cheap fake leather look, and now the glass phones. If they went aluminum, then people would complain wireless charging don't work, it scratches easy, it dents if dropped.

Dropping electronics is never a good thing to do, they might break. If you want to take your chances with the note 8, buy a good case and don't drop it.

I don't understand why people complained about the back being plastic or faux leather when almost everyone slaps a case on and doesn't see the back anyway.

sparkeater79

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
I cracked the back glass on my galaxy s8 in a pelican case, the adventurer I think. I was upset when I noticed. So I went and bought an Otterbox defender. I probably won’t ever fix it. Just gonna leave it in the case. Still not happy about it!!!

pool_shark

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
I dropped mine last week from my hip onto the hardwood floor. No scratches, cracks or knicks, the case isn't damaged either.
At the time I was using my moko case with an ariko screen protector.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I dropped mine last week from my hip onto the hardwood floor. No scratches, cracks or knicks, the case isn't damaged either.
At the time I was using my moko case with an ariko screen protector.

Same. I dropped my blue one for the first time on kitchen floor at my mom's house on thanksgiving day. Had it in wrong jacket pocket lol. Fell out just above hip height. It hit on side then landed face down. My mom said "oh goodness there is a cracked screen I bet" I picked it up and not a mark anywhere including case. Lol. At the time I was using spigen neoflex screen protector and a blue and black case I paid like $7 for on eBay.

kj11

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Samsung can't win, people complained about the cheap plastic backs, the cheap fake leather look, and now the glass phones. If they went aluminum, then people would complain wireless charging don't work, it scratches easy, it dents if dropped.

This. Can't please everyone. Samsung can please me with a nice glass back though.... This thing feels so good in the hand

Big-Tony

Dec 3, 2017
Visit site
You got to love how Phones seem to be getting weaker and easier to scratch (it seems) than stronger and more scratch resistant.

Why?

I think Phone manufactorers put their research together and see most people still care more about how their phone LOOKS than how well it functions or holds up. "We can sell an all glass Phone for a high price tag and it fly off the shelves?!"

Glass may feel good in some of your hands but it won't feel good on your wallet if you drop it. It doesn't matter if you're the most careful person in the world. Accidents happen to those people too.

jerrycau123

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I use the Otterbox simmatery case for my Note 8 and I dropped my phone from 3 feet and my glass broke!.. I paid $45.00 that that case! ...I contacted Otterbox and there response was they were very sorry that my phone was broken, and the only option was to issue me a new case for my BROKEN phone!!!.. Now! I can have my phone repaired through t Mobile for $250.00!.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I use the Otterbox simmatery case for my Note 8 and I dropped my phone from 3 feet and my glass broke!.. I paid $45.00 that that case! ...I contacted Otterbox and there response was they were very sorry that my phone was broken, and the only option was to issue me a new case for my BROKEN phone!!!.. Now! I can have my phone repaired through t Mobile for $250.00!.
No case guarantees your phone won't break if you use their case, I'm surprised they offered you a new case.