My order got canceled by AT&T

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Why not call AT&T and get the reason why it was cancelled rather than making big, speculative leaps?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
It's been that way on their website since the recall started. They haven't allowed anyone to start selling them yet in AT&T.

Perhaps they still have too many recall units out in customers hands and don't want to start selling new until they get the last few holdouts.

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
Re: My order got canceled by AT&T

Why not call AT&T and get the reason why it was cancelled rather than making big, speculative leaps?
If you look at my first post I did call and the order says it's still being processed.

This is not a "big leap." Companies do not just say, "hey we really don't need your money, sorry your order is canceled." Unless they are forced to.

To be fair it was never for sale on the website or store front. I work in a store I know we haven't sold any replacement devices.

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Well, sure, but it is still speculation. Has AT&T come out and told you the reason for the cancellation?

Aug 21, 2016
Visit site
The product is no longer avaliable. Either for two reasons 1. Recall 2. Replacement devices have a new sku. Unlikely they would cancel the order and lose the business rather then update it with the new sku.

10feee860bdd41413a547d37c7804ba4.jpg

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
The product is no longer avaliable. Either for two reasons 1. Recall 2. Replacement devices have a new sku. Unlikely they would cancel the order and lose the business rather then update it with the new sku.

What I am getting at is if someone, live on a phone, told you that AT&T is no longer offering the Note 7 for sale.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
If the Note 7 is being killed, I guess the S7 Edge will be the main top phone until the S8 comes out?

I think the only way it would be killed is after the current investigation another full blown recall is announced. There has only been one incident which is the one that occurred on the airplane the other day. The one almost 2 weeks ago that I believe was in China was investigated by Samsung and they said the heat source was an external one, meaning the battery didn't cause the damage. You haven't heard any more about it, probably because the person who made the claim was lying and got caught.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
You have not heard more about it because the consumer people and Samsung are both investigating it - if you go on the home page of Android Central it says AT&T are now taking Note 7 back from concerned owners for another type of phone - so what is everyone going to do?

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So I can't help but wonder......Has there been any phone ever manufactured in history that hasn't had at least ONE of those devices burn up? Obviously Samsung had the whole recall fiasco, but this is one since the recall. How is it that everyone is forgetting that there simply will be devices that have this happen? I totally get that the recall puts everyone at a heightened awareness, but let's hold off on "AT&T is dumping this phone.....indefinitely" until we at least see one of two things happen. 1) they announce that they're dropping it, 2) many more new Note 7's burn up as well.

I can't stand the drama.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oldersod