My Persistent Issues Since Purchase 4 Months Ago...

jlj93byu

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi All!

I have google searched and spent a lot of time searching for people with my same issues. I have found some similar, but with different causes and solutions that did not work. If my phone would work, I'd love it--but these issues are getting annoying. They have been pretty consistent since I purchased my phone in January, 4 months ago.

First, TEXT MESSAGES. I often receive the same text message multiple times, 3 or 4 or 5 times. My wife sends me a text, and I respond. A minute later, "Oh another text!" Alas, it's just the same one...then again...and again.

Frequently, I just can't send text messages. I will hit send, and it will process for a minute before just failing to send. If I restart my phone, it then works 50% of the time. The other 50 I have to turn it off and leave it off for a couple minutes. This happens several times a week, and has for months, and has not occurred on any other sprint phones in the area, so this (and my previous issue) do NOT appear to be tower issues.

I use Handcent for messages.

Another issue, my ringtones will randomly reset to default on a couple contacts. I have about 30 unique ringtones for contacts, and this problem only happens on 2 of them, but their ringtone will frequently just reset to the default ringtone. I am getting tired of constantly changing it back to the unique one. Other members in that group are unaffected, and it resets not to the default ringtone for that group but the default ringtone for unassigned or unknown numbers (my general ringtone).

Also, voicemail does not work outside of actually calling it on my phone. Every time I try to use the app where I can listen to it, it crashes and says that "unfortunately, voicemail has stopped working."

Thank you for your help!

The other issues, unfortunately, are courtesy of the boneheads who think that "upgrading" a phone means removing services and actually downgrading the usability of the phone (i.e. removing the side zoom feature, and now removing the left to right swipe option to call contacts in the most recent "update").

ANSWERING PHONE.

meyerweb#CB

Banned
Sep 4, 2009
Visit site
1 & 2: Texting: Do you have an Airrave? I've heard of these problems with texts associate with airraves. Otherwise, I haven't seen this.

3. Ringtones: This seems to be a bug. It happens to me, and others have complained about it, too. Although when it happens to me it happens to all of my custom ringtones. Are the 2 that lose the ringtone saved differently than the others (on the phone rather than google, for example)?

File a support ticket with Samsung. In the mean time, I use the app Group Ringtones to put them back where I want them when they reset to default.

4. For voicemail, try this: Go into Application manager, scroll all the way to the right, to the All tab, and scroll down to Voice Mail. Clear data, Force stop, reboot and try Voice Mail again. If that doesn't work, do the same thing but this time select uninstall updates, too.

5. Side zoom is gone, but not swipe to call. You just have to start the swipe to the right of the picture, on the contact name, instead of on the picture like before.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi All!

I have google searched and spent a lot of time searching for people with my same issues. I have found some similar, but with different causes and solutions that did not work. If my phone would work, I'd love it--but these issues are getting annoying. They have been pretty consistent since I purchased my phone in January, 4 months ago.

First, TEXT MESSAGES. I often receive the same text message multiple times, 3 or 4 or 5 times. My wife sends me a text, and I respond. A minute later, "Oh another text!" Alas, it's just the same one...then again...and again.

Frequently, I just can't send text messages. I will hit send, and it will process for a minute before just failing to send. If I restart my phone, it then works 50% of the time. The other 50 I have to turn it off and leave it off for a couple minutes. This happens several times a week, and has for months, and has not occurred on any other sprint phones in the area, so this (and my previous issue) do NOT appear to be tower issues.

I use Handcent for messages.

Another issue, my ringtones will randomly reset to default on a couple contacts. I have about 30 unique ringtones for contacts, and this problem only happens on 2 of them, but their ringtone will frequently just reset to the default ringtone. I am getting tired of constantly changing it back to the unique one. Other members in that group are unaffected, and it resets not to the default ringtone for that group but the default ringtone for unassigned or unknown numbers (my general ringtone).

Also, voicemail does not work outside of actually calling it on my phone. Every time I try to use the app where I can listen to it, it crashes and says that "unfortunately, voicemail has stopped working."

Thank you for your help!

The other issues, unfortunately, are courtesy of the boneheads who think that "upgrading" a phone means removing services and actually downgrading the usability of the phone (i.e. removing the side zoom feature, and now removing the left to right swipe option to call contacts in the most recent "update").

ANSWERING PHONE.

Welcome to the forums!

My turn: Texting...very occasionally do I get multiple texts and unable to send, but almost every time I am in a weak cell area, so I have always chalked it up to that being the reason. otherwise, no issues there.

I used to have the same issue with ringtones, but one time I actually noticed that when I leave them on Internal Storage, they haven't reset, so I left them there. Those are the only medi files that I have on my device, everything else is on my SD card.

Voice mail app is horrible, but I think that is the developer, not the phone/Sprint. And I really haven't found a VM app that I would actually call it a useful app. But I don't receive many voice calls anymore anyway...

As far as boneheads updating the OS....that is everywhere. Look at Windows 8..... :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmax36884