my phone doesn't boot

dakmary

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

I found a nice thread here that helps you to change the fonts in few steps (using Gscript). it worked fine.

i wanted to change the font again back to the old one. so I deleted the new font from the folder on the SD card and added the old font.

BINGO

my Milestone doesn't boot now.. It cant pass the Motorola logo.

I pressed the power and the camera buttons and did wipe data and wipe partition.. but still no luck.. :s

Now What..

PLEASE HELLLLPP

Last edited by a moderator:

BoNg420

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Well if you can boot into recovery

Do you have nandroid installed?

Did you make a backup of your ROM with nandroid before installing the font or have any backup at all?

If you don't you might be screwed. If you have nandroid you could restore your device and be all good.

Before you do anything to your phone you should of installed nandroid and made a backup.

Live and learn.

dagostin

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
what he said. if you have root and hopefully a modified recovery image, boot into recovery and fix it using adb. or if you had backed up, just do a nandroid restore. if none of these things, your SOL

daThomas#AC

Jan 10, 2010
Visit site
Gee, thanks for the link that bricked your phone. Let me sign right up.

Sounds awesome...

Hint: If you want someone to follow a link, it might be helpful to NOT mention that if completely jacks up their phone if they go there, download something, and then want to remove it at any point in the future.

and (????) quote: "it worked fine" ummm. No it didn't. You just told us how it screwed you up.... or, did you forget that?

Regarding your problem... ummm, sorry. However, Droids do make attractive paperweights. May be very helpful in you live in a drafty home.

Snark much?
:rolleyes: